Jackson County is looking to recruit, hire and retain the best employees!
Pre-Employment Requirements and/or Preferences:
- 10 positions available.
- Must pass a criminal background check prior to hire.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen prior to hire.
- Must submit an acceptable DMV certified court print prior to hire.
Job Duties and Requirements:
Examples of Principle Duties and Position Functions:
(Any one position may not include all of the duties listed nor do the listed examples include all tasks which may be found in positions of this class.)
- Ranger Assistants work under the direction of the Park Rangers and other lead personnel, assisting in the general upkeep, maintenance and operation of County Parks.
Education and Experience:
- Principal duties include: Camper compliance; fee collections; cleaning restrooms, picnic areas, campground areas, and other park facilities; mowing lawns; weeding planters; maintaining irrigation systems; meeting the public; giving directions and answering questions concerning park rules and regulations and general information about the park(s).
Ranger Assistants must be at least 18 years of age and possess a current Oregon driver=s license with a good driving record (DMV report).
Licenses, Certificates and Other Requirements:
Valid Oregon Driver’s license and a good driving record.
Work is primarily performed outdoors with exposure to a variety of weather conditions.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
JACKSON COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. Upon request, special accommodations and/or assistance will be gladly provided for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory impairments. Because of the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, persons hired by the county must be able to present acceptable documents verifying identity and authorization to work in the United States. For a copy of Jackson County’s Equal Employment Opportunity Plan, visit our web site at
or call 541-774-6036.