Jackson County is looking to recruit, hire and retain the best employees!
Pre-Employment Requirements and/or Preferences:
- 1 position available.
- Must pass a criminal background check prior to hire.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen prior to hire.
- Must submit an acceptable DMV certified court print prior to hire.
Job Duties and Requirements:
Examples of Principle Duties and Position Functions:
(Any one position may not include all of the duties listed nor do the listed examples include all tasks which may be found in positions of this class.)
Education and Experience:
- Water and Sewage Assistants work under the direction of Park Rangers and other supervisory personnel, assisting in the general upkeep, maintenance, and operation of County Water / Waste Water Systems.
- Principal duties include: Daily readings and records; status of facilities or alarm systems and assuring notification of proper personnel within the Parks Department; weeding, painting, and other building or land maintenance; maintaining irrigation systems and pumping systems; basic water testing or mixing of chemical solutions; meeting the public; giving directions and answering questions concerning park rules and regulations, along with general information about the park(s).
- Experience with plumbing or irrigation systems as well as a completion of classes in Water or Sewage Treatment are beneficial.
Licenses, Certificates and Other Requirements:
- Water-Sewer Assistant must be at least 18 years of age and possess a current Oregon driver=s license with a good driving record (DMV report).
Valid Oregon Driver’s license and a good driving record.
Work is primarily performed outdoors with exposure to a variety of weather conditions.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
JACKSON COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. Upon request, special accommodations and/or assistance will be gladly provided for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory impairments. Because of the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, persons hired by the county must be able to present acceptable documents verifying identity and authorization to work in the United States. For a copy of Jackson County’s Equal Employment Opportunity Plan, visit our web site at
or call 541-774-6036.
Jackson County, OR - 18 months ago