Jackson County is looking to recruit, hire and retain the best employees!
Pre-Employment Requirements and/or Preferences:
- HVAC Journeyman, Limited Maintenance Electrician (LME) or Building Maintenance Electrician (BME) preferred.
- Must pass a criminal background check prior to hire.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen prior to hire.
- Must submit an acceptable DMV certified court print prior to hire.
Job Duties and Requirements:
Under general supervision, to plan, schedule, monitor and/or perform skilled work involving several crafts in the construction, repair and maintenance of buildings, property and equipment; to perform related work as required.
The Senior Maintenance Worker is an advanced journey level class in the Maintenance Worker series. Incumbents perform the full range of journey level duties, possess technical expertise and perform specialized duties in a highly independent manner.
Positions at this level work outside the immediate proximity of a supervisor. Work is normally reviewed only on completion and for overall results. Workers exercise functional supervision over lower level positions.
Examples of Important and Essential Duties:
(The following duties represent the principal job duties, however, they are not all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned: )
The following duties represent duties that are generally performed by this position, but are not considered the
- Perform skilled work in the construction, repair and maintenance of buildings, property
and equipment; duties include diagnosing electrical, electronic, mechanical, plumbing and/or HVAC malfunctions and performing necessary maintenance and repair work; inspect equipment and fixtures for proper working condition and for safety.
- Perform lead worker duties such as planning, assigning and supervising the daily work of assigned employees; assume duties of supervisor in his/her absence.
- Coordinate maintenance and repair projects with other County departments, agencies or private providers as necessary.
- Develop specifications and cost estimates for individual projects as assigned.
- Assist in developing and maintaining utility conservation programs and annual maintenance plans for assigned facility.
- Oversee the work of contractors, ensuring compliance with established specifications, schedules and safety regulations.
Perform basic landscaping and grounds maintenance duties as required.
- Build and repair curbs, paths, roads, parking lots and courts, airport runways, etc., using asphalt, stone and concrete.
- Install sheetrock; repair roofing; paint interior and exterior finishes and fixtures.
- Requisition, pick up and deliver supplies as directed.
- Prepare and submit accurate logs and reports as required.
- Operate and maintain a variety of hand and power tools and equipment, and operate heavy and special equipment used for hauling, grading and trenching.
- Work irregular shifts and respond to after-hours emergency calls as required.
- Adheres to County and departmental policies and procedures as well as safe work practices, policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with other staff, public officials, the general public and representatives of other agencies.
- Has regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
principal job duties: )
- Maintain a clean and orderly workplace.
- Move furniture, equipment, etc. as directed.
A high school diploma or equivalent supplemented by four years of experience in construction, maintenance or repair work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Position requires general knowledge of the methods, practices, tools and materials used in construction and maintenance; knowledge of applicable safety hazards and practices; knowledge of building, electrical, plumbing, sewer and construction codes; knowledge of HVAC mechanics; knowledge of laws and regulations as applicable to assigned department; knowledge of the operation of a large
public facility. Position requires ability to plan, schedule and supervise work assignments; provide effective leadership and supervision of subordinate crew members; develop specifications for projects; perform duties under tight deadlines and/or in emergency situations; use independent judgement in performing routine and non-routine tasks; use basic mathematics for calculating totals and measuring distances;
operate a variety of tools, shop equipment and heavy equipment with skill; repair small electrical and gas motors; understand and carry out oral and written directions; read and understand maintenance manuals, policy manuals, electrical diagrams, blueprints, specifications, etc.; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with coemployees and the general public; provide effective technical supervision over crew.
(Performance of the essential duties of this position includes the following physical demands and/ or working conditions: )
Tasks involve frequent walking and standing; perform strenuous or heavy manual work, sometimes in adverse weather conditions; lifting and carrying objects of moderate to heavy weight; and the operation of vehicles, shop and hand tools in which manipulative skills and hand-eye coordination are important ingredients of safe and/or productive operations. May involve the complex operation of gasoline, electric or
diesel-powered machinery vehicles involving manipulation of multiple controls. Tasks require visual perception and discrimination as well as oral communications ability. Tasks may require exposure to uncomfortable physical conditions, including heat, cold, wetness, strong odors and/or smoke, strong and/or toxic chemicals, electrical currents, dust and pollen.
License or Certificate:
Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Requires possession of a valid, appropriate Oregon driver' s license and a good driving record.
- Possession of a Limited Maintenance Electrician License (LME) or Building
Maintenance Electrician License (BME) is preferred.
- Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) Journeyman Card preferred.
JACKSON COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOY
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. Upon request, special accommodations and/or assistance will be gladly provided for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory impairments. Because of the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, persons hired by the county must be able to present acceptable documents verifying identity and authorization to work in the United States. For a copy of Jackson County’s Equal Employment Opportunity Plan, visit our web site at
or call 541-774-6036.