St. Louis, MO, Full-Time/Year-Round
Cape Air is growing! Currently seeking experienced A&P Mechanics to work full-time year-round on our fleet of Cessna 402 aircraft. Reciprocating engine and small aircraft experience preferred but not required. We are seeking mechanics who can demonstrate the values of our company’s mission/vision: kindness, teamwork and the spirit of MOCHA HAGoTDI!
- Familiar with the policies and procedures contained in the GMM, submits changes as appropriate to eliminate conflicts and/or enhance operational effectiveness
- Comply with 14 CFR (as applicable), manufacturer’s specifications, company policies and procedures, as well as other methods accepted by the FAA, when accomplishing maintenance
- Assist with completion of shift turnover reports in accordance with procedures in the GMM
- Participate in shift meetings and briefings as required
- Update aircraft fleet status information for Company aircraft as directed
- Conduct on-the-job training as assigned by the Base-Manager/Supervisor
- Properly execute maintenance work records
- Maintain the maintenance work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Adhere to material handling and control procedures specified in the GMM and by the equipment manufacturers
- Responsible to open and/or close facility
- Perform aircraft run-ups and taxis
- Perform road trips to repair aircraft at stations other than the maintenance base
- Additional duties as assigned
- Current A&P certificate required
- Minimum two years professional aircraft maintenance work experience, preferred
- Must have basic mechanical skills
- Must own basic set of aircraft maintenance tools
- Must take instruction and guidance well
- Must be goal oriented, have an exceptional attention to detail, and must work well in team situations and also as an individual
- Must have a flexible schedule and be willing to work any and all shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to perform moderately strenuous physical tasks which include bending, stooping, kneeling and working overhead for long periods of time
- Must hold a valid US driver’s license
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work any shift including nights, weekends and holidays
- Please note this is a safety sensitive position which requires CHRC clearance and DATP enrollment in accordance with the FAA Code of Federal Regulations
JOB REFERENCE NUMBER: #2014090
TO APPLY: Please complete our online employment application by clicking HERE .
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Thursday April 3, 2014 (11:59 pm EDT)
Cape Air - 4 months ago
Cape Air has served Island-markets with a focus on leisure travel since 1989 and is experienced with the unique transportation needs of...