With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Department Description: Oversee and administer all A&R Spending. Primary interface between Atlantic A&R/Marketing/Legal/Other and WEA Production in the creation and release of all commercial and promotional products.
High Level Job Description : Administer the recording process
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities :
Responsible for managing the behind the scenes aspects of the record making process including:
- Providing project management support to A&R as required through booking studios, coordinating travel, ensuring deadlines are met, etc.
- Managing recording budgets and providing forecasts to senior management
- Handling payment of all bills in connection with album recording
- Overseeing the album clearance process including preparing agreements for producers, side artists, remixers, etc. and clearing samples
- Collecting and distributing song credits/lyrics and reviewing album liner notes
- Serving as a point person within the company for a variety of artist project information (i.e: updating business affairs and other departments on the legal status of recordings, communicating deadlines to A&R, delivering assets to marketing, providing the royalty department with 3 rd party rate information, and much more)
Required Competencies/Skills :
- Must possess strong project management skills with the ability to keep track of multiple, concurrent artist recording projects in an incredibly fast-paced environment
- Must be able to communicate well with people across all levels of the company as well as partners outside the company (vendors, attorneys, managers, etc)
- Must be an excellent problem solver who not only resolves issues but can also anticipate and avert them
- Must be a team player willing to pitch in as required on each project even if outside of the job description; this might include some work after-hours or on the weekend
Special Requirements/Preferences :
- Strong computer skills especially Microsoft Excel
- Basic knowledge of the recording process
- Ability to read and interpret agreements
- Minimum 5 years of related experience (urban music experience is a must)
Warner Music Group
- 2 years ago - save job