Proofpoint is looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Lead who will take ownership of and be responsible for the accounts payable function. Ideal candidates will be self-driven and have the ability to coach and develop other A/P team member(s) in addition to working autonomously. There is significant data entry required in this position, however, the ideal candidate will be positioned for growth and advancement as the Team Leader to mentor and coach the team along with drive improvements and efficiencies in the AP processes. Supervisory experience is a plus. Candidates must have significant experience with Great Plains/Microsoft Dynamics and have utilized it within the last six months. This is a temp to perm role.
Responsibilities include :
- Balance between individual contributor and coach
- Full cycle accounts payable processing; high volume matching, batching, coding and entering invoices into Great Plains/Microsoft Dynamics for US and Canada entities in accordance with company guidelines
- Review documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Manage and prepare weekly check runs
- Research problem invoices, past due amounts, credits, etc.
- Work with approvers to ensure that invoices are approved in a timely manner
- Key point of contact in AP department and will work with other departments and/or outside vendors to resolve routine questions or problems.
- Reconcile General Ledger Accounts
- Manage receipt and retention of W-9 forms
- Manage annual 1099 reporting
- Continuously look for process improvements to increase efficiency
- Keeps supervisor informed of workload problems and/or issues
- Assist with other areas and projects as requested
- High school graduate, 2 year degree in business or accounting a plus
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in accounts payable, some leadership experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Great Plains/Microsoft Dynamics Accounts Payable/Payables Management module, recent use within the last 6 months
- Act as the leader/coach and have “hands on” transactional responsibility as well
- Team player, department is very cohesive and works as a unit
- Strong verbal and written and communication skills
- Above average excel skills including experience with pivot tables, vlookup, concatenate and other formulas
- Detail oriented with analytical and problem solving skills
- Creation of desk procedures or training manuals a plus