Location: ANY Major US City
Requires experience with colocation, network, hosting and cloud services.
Looking for candidate with International Wholesale Experience.
Description: The Account Director-Wholesale is accountable for management and growth of assigned international carrier accounts with the result of achieving their sales targets. Responsibilities include managing the day to day relationships and increasing the penetration into specific accounts.
- Develop C-Level relationships within assigned accounts with the objective of positioning CTL (Savvis) as a strategic or preferred partner.
- Coordinate and utilize internal resources to effectively support the account base and maximize opportunities.
- Input market trends and potential market opportunities to the Service Providers Manager and other team members.
- Maintain comprehensive Account Development plans for top 10 accounts and present to executive team on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for achieving quota designated by management
- Manage the day to day relationship with assigned account base
- Resolve any internal problems with accounts and provide excellent service in all areas of business
- Attend necessary training on related products and service to maintain knowledge
- Champion strategic accounts into the company and work with relevant internal resources (business development, product marketing, product management, etc.) to sell all services into the accounts.
- Responsible for meeting the specified monthly, quarterly and yearly targets
- Responsible for updating management on progress and elevate any issues that need assistance with resolution.
- Maintain CRM software system to note all account activity and updated account information
- Up to 50% of travel required
- 10-15 years of wholesale/carrier sales experience within leading global Telecommunications company
- Previous years of experience selling to C- Level executives
- Established relationships with top international, carrier markets in at least two of the following: AsiaPac, India, EMEA, Canada, South America/Latin America
- Proven experience of achieving a sales quota of annual month reoccurring revenue of $250,000
- Excellent communication skills to include: verbal, written and presentation
- Experience developing Experience with creating and presenting PowerPoint presentations
- Thorough understanding of the wholesale market including products such as bandwidth, IP Transit, Hosting, Cloud, Consulting, Managed Services and other value added services.
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Proven track record of a consistently achieving and out performing sales targets.
- Previous Savvis and CenturyLink Product knowledge
- Experience working at a Tier 1 telecommunications or hosting provider
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent years of experience
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Qwest Communications - 2 years ago