Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
We are seeking an Accountant for our Cedar Springs GA location.
In this Entry Level position, you will learn Georgia-Pacific’s basic accounting and operational procedures. You will also grow and develop your finance skills in a dynamic manufacturing environment.
In this role, you will be involved in the following areas:
• Financial statement analysis
• General ledger accounting
• Account analysis
• Inventory accounting
• Communication of financial information to management
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum 3.0 GPA in Accounting Coursework
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities:
• Basic understanding of Cost Accounting and of a General Ledger.
• Conceptual understanding of the design and purpose of internal controls.
• Financial acumen to be utilized toward financial statement analysis.
• Capability in Microsoft Office Programs: MS Excel and/or MS Access
• Excellent communication skills.
• Proactive/self-driven work habits.
• Basic self-awareness and an understanding of how personal behavior impacts others.
Georgia-Pacific - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard