Record accounting impact for advertising transactions and reconcile to advertising budgets.
Allocate costs (as outlined in SLA) consistently across business units using agreed-upon base.
Account for special events, including tracking (casino events, human resources events, other).
Accrue for legal claims.
Account for property specific arrangements (attractions).
Account for vendor transactions (non-interfaced).
Account for miscellaneous revenue (including rebates, royalties, sponsorship, other).
Account for arena events.
Prepare transactional activity and record in general ledger in a timely manner.
Reconcile general ledger accounts in an accurate and timely manner.
Prepare and coordinate the timely and accurate reporting and remittance of all related taxes.
Prepare necessary reporting for all property finance related departments relying on financial data in a timely manner.
Prepare/review account analysis; investigate and resolve necessary items.
Ensure accounting records and practices adhere to MGM Resorts accounting policies and remain standard across all business units.
Participate in projects for systems implementations and/or processes related developments which are FSSC or externally initiated to ensure that FASC requirements are met and/or work efficiently enhanced.
Ensure all Financial Accounting clerks are adequately trained.
Supervise Financial Accounting clerks to ensure that all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
Manage, lead and coach Financial Accounting Clerks.
Prepare requested schedules for annual audits and quarterly reviews.
Prepare ad-hoc analysis as needed.
Prepare entries/reports/schedules needed to complete a timely financial close. Ensure accuracy of all closing entries in accordance with GAAP.
Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years specific accounting experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills. Able to move people of all levels to action while managing day-to-day operations. Ability and desire to build and lead an effective, high performance team.
- Proven ability to successfully manage personnel including successful conflict resolution, succession planning and retention planning.
- Experience in working with all levels of management, including executives and consulting with key business stakeholders.
- Highly developed organizational skills to function effectively while still maintaining attention to detail and meeting established deadlines.
- Ability to work in a high stress fast paced environment managing multiple tasks, projects and personnel simultaneously. Ability to prioritize conflicting duties and maintain timeline integrity for projects and tasks.
- Strong team player that has a direct approach and is solution oriented.
- Ability to lead a change management initiative while coordinating and guiding resources.
- Advanced knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), accounting practices and theories.
- Ability to prepare and fully analyze financial statements and related reports, and make recommendations and decisions based on financial data.
- Advanced knowledge of preparation and review of general ledger account reconciliations.
- Familiar with monthly, quarterly financial reports including P&L review.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Advanced knowledge of excel including conditional formatting, advanced calculations/functions.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- At least 2 years supervisory experience.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience with MGM Resorts International financial systems (Infinium, AS400, Showcase Strategy, Cognos Finance, Cognos Bi, ACL, Report Manager).
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 7 months ago