Kimberly-Clark is leading the world in essentials for a better life. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with nearly 56,000 employees worldwide and operations in 36 countries, Kimberly-Clark posted sales of $20.8 billion in 2011. Kimberly-Clark’s global brands are sold in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people trust Kimberly-Clark products and the solutions they provide to make their lives better. With well-known family care and personal care brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Andrex, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, Poise and Depend, we hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position globally in more than 80 countries.
As a global company, we are committed to cultivating a fair, respectful and engaging work environment that inspires our diverse global team to thrive professionally and contribute to the communities where we operate. We also have a responsibility to attain a deeper understanding of our impact on the world. Addressing Sustainability issues and incorporating solutions through all levels of Kimberly-Clark is a critical component of our business.
Kimberly-Clark is looking for team members with strong initiative, problem solving, continuous improvement and interpersonal skills who aspire to develop themselves into positions of increasing scope and responsibility.
Currently, we are seeking an Accountant I for our North American Shared Services Center in Knoxville, Tennessee.
• Perform routine accounting activities including journal entries, account reconciliations, and other month-end close activities.
• Provide oversight for the outsourced accounting firm in Delhi, India, providing the information necessary to ensure their accurate and timely completion of required accounting activities and by providing feedback on their performance.
• Act as liaison between Kimberly-Clark and the outsourced accounting firm by providing transaction support, handling inquires, resolving issues and communicating policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities to improve efficiency, adjust to changing conditions or improve internal control.
• Actively participate in special projects as assigned or through individual initiative that meet the
needs of customers and to enhance efficiencies and streamline department processes and procedures.
• Ensure consistent application of established corporate financial controls.
• Assist in the audit and maintenance of process documentation and policies to ensure accuracy, effectiveness and reliability of the established financial controls.
• Bachelor’s degree with an Accounting major.
• Strong initiative, problem solving, and interpersonal skills, plus an orientation toward continuous improvement are required.
• Advanced Degree, CPA or CMA preferred, but not required
• 3+ years business experience preferred, but recent graduates with strong skill sets will be considered
• Experience working within SAP or other ERP environment is beneficial
Kimberly-Clark makes the essentials for a better life with well-known brands that matter every day – at home, school, work and on the go....