In collaboration with the visual designers, interaction designers, copywriters, and technologists on a project, the ACD ensures that the quality of the concept and the work meets R/GA standards for creative excellence and client satisfaction.
Externally, ACDs must possess the ability to work with clients in different industries and handle different types of client relationships. Internally, ACDs must be able to work comfortably with people from different creative disciplines and with different creative teams. The ACD should also work to mentor those on her team and in her department with a view toward fostering professional growth and commitment to R/GA.
Ultimately, an ACD is someone who, with additional time and experience, possesses the creative judgment, collaborative instincts, and leadership abilities to become an effective creative director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a standard bearer for client’s brand messaging and visual identity.
- Concept and collaborate with team leads, including copywriters, interaction designers, art directors, and tech leads.
- Nurture junior talent, providing clear direction and constructive feedback.
- Work with producers as a key point of contact for scheduling deadlines and helping to resolve resource and delivery issues.
- Work with account managers and planners to ensure creative concepts and tactics are on brand and strategically sound.
- Present and meet with clients of all levels – from junior brand managers to senior marketing clients.
- Innovative and inspiring creative solutions for interactive channels. Experience in digital platforms, video, web design and branded experiences.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and to delegate work effectively.
- Mediation skills—necessary to maintain good team chemistry and client relations, and to sort out interpersonal conflicts as they arise.
- A strong desire to do brand-building, product-selling, and award-winning work.
- An ability to discern individual team members’ abilities and to match the right people with the right work.
- Marketing sense – must possess an ability and an interest in helping to develop advertising campaign platforms that can work across channels, offline as well as online.
- A minimum of seven years’ experience.
- PREVIOUS DIGITAL AGENCY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- EXPERIENCE DEVELOPING AND DELIVERING SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM CAMPAIGNS A PLUS
- CLIENT EXPERIENCE SHOULD INCLUDE LIFESTYLE, CONSUMER TECH, CONSUMER GOODS
R/GA - 17 months ago