Plans, coordinates and directs broad and complex financial accounting, analysis and reconciliation functions for multiple departments in the Research Institute. Impacts finance operational procedures and practices throughout the Heart Center. Supervises financial/office support staff and manages personnel functions, including human resources issues, for the organizational unit. Supports and initiates business development efforts and identifying additional revenue streams to support Heart Center functions and goals.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Oversees and analyzes departmental financial reports using accounting systems or other financial software packages.
2. Develops and monitors, or participates in the development and monitoring of, the budget of the organizational units.
3. Oversees and approves budgetary forecasts for clinical research revenue/expenses on regular basis.
4. Responsible for expenditure of funds relative to budgetary targets for all trials on an ongoing basis. Identifies and communicates variances in timely manner and facilitates appropriate interventions. Identifies and advises on actual and proposed financial variances.
5. Responsible for financial reports provided to TMHRI leadership regarding overall financial performance of Center.
6. Provides input and direction on development of operational plans for new projects and initiatives impacting Heart Center Research.
7. Administers grants and contracts, both pre-award (developing budgets, assisting in application preparation, etc.) and post-award (monitoring expenditures, preparing financial reports for faculty, etc.). Identifies additional funding opportunities and initiates PI submissions.
8. Creates ad hoc reports and financial projections; approves financial transactions.
9. Supervises financial support staff and directs their work activities.
10. Assists faculty and staff and answers questions.
11. Oversees the communication and implementation of the organizational units policies. Responds to questions concerning policy and develops internal policies and procedures.
12. Ensures that all internal personnel activities meet The Methodist Hospital's standards and objectives in training, recruitment, equal pay, equal opportunity, transfer and promotion.
13. Demonstrates the components of the ICARE Values statement.
14. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Completes all hospital required and job-related in-services and applies the information as needed.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, management, accounting or a related field required. MBA or Master's degree in Finance required. Research certifications preferred.
Five+ years financial management experience required, with at least two years experience in a responsible supervisory/managerial position.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Maintains clear communication with customers regarding mutual expectations. Takes personal responsibility and accountability for correcting customer-service problems.
Requires exceptional communication skills, both orally and in writing. Experience with federal grants and financial software preferred.
See attached activity checklist
Normal office conditions.
Work Environment % of time spent
General Yes No
Smelling ____ _x__
- General _x__ ____
- Depth Perception _x__ ____
- Color Perception _x__ ____
Hearing/Listening _x__ ____
- Simple _x__ ____
- Complex _x__ ____
- English _x__ ____
- Foreign Language ____ _x__
(heat, texture, etc.) ____ _x__
- Hand _x__ ____
- Finger _x__ ____
- Dexterity _x__ ____
Sitting _x__ ____
Standing _x__ ____
Twisting _x__ ____
Bending _x__ ____
Stooping ____ _x__
Squatting ____ _x__
Kneeling ____ _x__
Heaviest weight lifted __25 lbs_
Heaviest weight push/pulled __N/A___
Distance pushed/pulled __N/A___
Does the job require lifting weight?
Above At Below
Weight Shoulder _
01 - 10 lbs _____ _____ __x__
10 - 25 lbs _____ _____ __x__
25 - 50 lbs _____ _____ _____
over 50 lbs _____ _____ _____
Mobility Requirements Yes No
Walk _x__ ____
Run ____ _x__
Crawl ____ _x__
- Stairs ____ _x__
- Ladders ____ _x__
- Inclines ____ _x__
- Objects/Equipment ____ _x__
Carrying (30 lbs) ____ _x__
Extreme Cold ____ _x__
Extreme Heat ____ _x__
Noise ____ _x__
Dust ____ _x__
Fumes/Odors ____ _x__
Confined Spaces ____ _x__
High Places ____ _x__
Mechanical Equipment _x__ ____
Electronic Equipment _x__ ____
Pressurized Equipment ____ _x__
Keyboard _x__ ____
Computer _x__ ____
Telephone _x__ ____
TV Monitor _x__ ____
Mechanical Equipment ____ _x__
(includes cars, trucks,
- Non Motorized ____ _x__
- Motorized ____ _x__
Hand ____ _x__
Long Handle ____ _x__
Precision/Surgical Inst. ____ _x__
Power ____ _x__
Power Precision ____ _x__
Houston Methodist - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard