The Financial Analyst is responsible for maintaining and analyzing data related to the financial performance of the department. The Financial Analyst is responsible for compiling and reporting information as requested. The Financial Analyst is responsible for study setup of calendars, budgets, and milestones in the clinical trial management system. Impacts finance operational procedures and practices throughout the department.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
No direct patient care
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Creates and analyzes departmental financial reports using accounting systems or other financial software packages.
2. Responsible for financial project management of study entry into the clinical trials management system; including, study calendar, budget, and milestones.
3. Prepares spreadsheets and budget variance reports for departmental cost centers as needed.
4. Updates department's financial files and performs audit review of contract payment status.
5. Interacts with all levels of personnel within the department, other institutional departments, as well as outside companies to resolve problems/errors for the clinical trial management system study setup.
6. Utilizes clinical trial management system.
7. Assists with clinical trial management system projects such as gap analyses and updating information in the system.
8. Maintains, reviews, and assists with optimization of policies and procedures related to the clinical trial management system study setup budgeting processes.
9. Maintains strict confidentiality of patients, employees and hospital information at all times.
10. Represents department in a professional and appropriate manner within institution, as well as externally.
11. Demonstrates the components of the ICARE Values statement.
12. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Completes all hospital required and job-related in-services and applies the information as needed.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
BBA, BS or BA.
Three to five years financial analysis experience preferably in health care and/or grants and contract accounting. Some clinical research experience. Experience with clinical trial research coordination preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
' Critical thinking skills
' Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
' Highly effective time management and organizational skills.
' Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
' Familiar with CPT coding and hospital billing preferred.
' Familiar with clinical trial research concepts.
' Understanding of clinical trial protocol basics including study design and setup.
' Takes personal responsibility and accountability for correcting customer-service problems.
' Highly proficient Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Working knowledge financial systems including clinical trials management systems preferred.
See attached activity checklist.
Normal office conditions.
- 2 years ago - save job