The Operations Manager will support the Department of Systems Medicine and Bioengineering (SMAB), under the leadership of Dr. Stephen Wong. This position will be primarily be responsible for all departmental finances and human resources related tasks. Oversee the grants specialist and lab manager.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
No direct patient contact.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this capacity, you will be expected to provide for the day-to-day business operations for SMAB, which include but are not limited to:
1. Financial budgeting, tracking, oversight, and analysis
2. Departmental Policies & Procedures
3. Compliance with institutional policies and procedures
4. Order approval and tracking
5. Human Resource Support for Faculty & Staff
In this capacity, you will work with the Vice President of Operations for The Methodist Hospital Research Institute and the administrative staff to provide the following research administrative support:
1. Financial Compliance (allowable and unallowable cost)
2. Regulatory Compliance
3. Faculty and Staff Credentialing
4. Effort Reporting & Resource Allocation
Bachelor's degree in business, hospital/healthcare administration or a related field required. Master's degree in business, hospital/healthcare administration or a related field preferred.
Five years of experience in a healthcare professional/administrative capacity.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Skilled at managing multiple projects with conflicting priorities.
2. Extremely well-organized and detail oriented.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills required to deal with diverse scientists and staff.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Must be able to use a computer for extended periods.
Environment is both a laboratory and an office setting. Sometimes work longer days based on work load.
- 2 years ago - save job