JOB ID 64776 - SPECIAL EDUCATION (MONTGOMERY COUNTY)
The ACT Specialist will coordinate admissions, monitor compliance with COMAR Regulations, and coordinate transitions for a varied population of students in a private separate day school for students with disabilities.
1. Maintain documentation of all contacts with parents/guardians, agency representatives, administration and colleagues regarding student progress and concerns as needed.
2. Serve as liaison with State and Local Education Agencies.
3. Assemble new student records and assist in the coordination of student records.
4. Facilitate IEP Team Meetings.
5. Facilitate the Referral/Intake/Acceptance-Rejection process for prospective school candidates.
6. Facilitate student transitions to prospective schools for students who are leaving our program.
7. Facilitate the communication of new student data and changes in student status to the business office.
8. Coordinate and/or conduct student transition interviews for the campus school programs.
9. Facilitate the processing of requests for student information by outside agencies and family members.
Bachelors Degree in Special Education or appropriate content area is required.
Minimum of two years experience in position-related field is required.
Kennedy Krieger Institute
- 2 years ago - save job