APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED ONLINE ONLY ON THE FOLLOWING DATES:
Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 8:00am - Thursday, February 7, 2013, 4:00pm
Under general supervision, provides administrative, secretarial and clerical support on behalf of designated managerial, supervisory or administrative positions; performs a variety of administrative, database, and support functions to relieve staff of administrative details; and performs other related work as necessary.
1. Composes, types and proofreads agendas, reports and memos on behalf of managers, supervisors and administrators.
2. Maintains and updates master calendars.
3. Prepares school or office correspondence and newsletters.
4. Tracks budgetary expenditures for a number of different accounts; researches vendor and purchasing information; administers petty cash funds.
5. Compiles and distributes special mailings and promotional materials.
6. Prepares, reviews and approves school, division or departmental payroll reports and distributes payroll checks.
7. Administers work orders and facility service requests.
8. Coordinates after school programs and special functions.
9. Prepares committee agendas and minutes.
10. Explains procedures and provides work direction to classified office support personnel and Student Assistants.
11. Researches work practices and office procedures and participates in surveys sponsored by the District or other organizations.
12. Establishes and maintains word processing and spreadsheet information used in school, division or department databases and reports; organizes and maintains related office filing systems.
13. Answers incoming calls and routes individuals to appropriate staff; greets and directs visitors to appropriate personnel; screens, sorts, distributes and prepares department mail and special deliveries.
14. Coordinates and makes travel arrangements for conferences, workshops and other meetings to be attended or administered by managers, supervisors, administrators, or other personnel.
15. Compiles and presents information within budgetary and activity reports that are used by the school, department, division, or other organizations; assists managerial, professional and administrative staff in completing special projects as needed.
16. Provides technical direction to clerical staff and Student Assistants.
17. May verify prescriptions and screen immunization and emergency records; may administer first aid and medications and maintain related records.
18. Performs other functions as assigned or as the situation requires.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations will be made so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Required: Equivalent to completion of high school. Three or more years of varied administrative, secretarial and clerical support experience.
Desirable: Education, training or coursework in the use of word processing and spreadsheet applications programs and customer relations principles.
- Administrative policies and department procedures.
- Budgeting procedures and basic accounting procedures.
- Proper usage of the English language and business protocols.
- Record keeping principles and procedures.
- School admissions, attendance and enrollment practices or department practices, services and programs.
- Report writing methods.
- Purchasing procedures.
- Customer service principles.
- Office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Relevant provisions of the Education Code.
- Word-processing, spreadsheet and graphics applications programs.
- Compile, verify and use information from school, department or division databases.
- Take and transcribe minutes.
- Organize, coordinate and complete tasks to meet scheduled deadlines and provide technical direction to office support staff.
- Interpret and apply administrative policies and procedures.
- Compile and maintain files.
- Operate personal computer and standard office equipment including fax machine, computer printer and copier machines.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Provide technical direction to clerical and student support staff.
- Communicate effectively and work cooperatively with co-workers, supervisors, management, public, and other department representatives.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Demonstrate flexibility and respond to changing requirements and job assignments.
- Work independently.
Depending upon the position assignment, employees may be required to obtain training and/or certification in CPR and first aid and related nursing procedures.
The selection process is open to all qualified applicants. To be considered for an employment opportunity with the Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District, it is necessary for you to complete an official District Application. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application. The application is part of the selection process and is part of your total evaluation of acceptability for employment.
The examination for Administrative Assistant may consist of any one or more of the following: Training and Experience Evaluation, a Written Test, a Performance Test, a Technical Oral Interview and/or a Qualifications Appraisal Interview.
The provisions of this announcement do not constitute an expressed or implied contract, and any provisions contained in this announcement may be modified or revoked without notice.