The Office of the Dean of Arts and Sciences seeks an individual with excellent organizational, time management and communication skills to fill its available position of Administrative Assistant. The Office of the Dean of Arts and Sciences has overall responsibility for all activities in the School of Arts and Sciences and many within Arts, Sciences and Engineering and relationship with the rest of the University and many outside groups.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the two Deans of Academic Affairs for the School of Arts and Sciences, who are responsible for more than twenty (20) departments and interdisciplinary programs. Specific responsibilities include:
Scheduling Appointments and Travel:
• Prioritize and accurately schedule appointments, interviews, and meetings in consultation with the Deans.
Mail, phone and email:
• Draft correspondence to faculty, administrators, staff and people outside the university.
• Screen calls and answer inquiries via phone & email from faculty, staff, students and people outside the university in a professional and timely manner. Redirect as needed.
• Deliver excellence in customer service to all incoming inquiries and requests.
• Practice excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Conduct ad-hoc research projects.
Projects, Special Events and Faculty Appointments:
• Organize and implement all details regarding new chair's orientation.
• Coordinate 2nd and 4th year faculty reviews and faculty leaves for A&S with the Dean(s) of Academic Affairs.
• Coordinate new chair and program director appointments. Draft correspondence relating to appointments.
• Provide guidance and support to faculty members and department assistants regarding procedures, processing forms and payments.
• Assist office staff to organize and implement catering and facilities details for events/meetings sponsored by the dean's office.
• Maintain office files, ensuring confidential materials are properly stored and that rotating files are kept up to date.
• Work as part of a team to ensure the office continues running smoothly.
• Attend staff meetings as they are planned.
• Act as a backup to the staff assistant to book conference room.
• Maintain office coordination by organizing programs/projects with faculty, chairpersons and administrators.
LatinosInHigherEd.Com - 2 years ago