Works closely with executive on a day to day basis, performing a broad range of secretarial and minor administrative duties, primarily relating to support of efforts of department.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following
- Performs a broad range of secretarial and minor administrative duties, exercising some independent judgment and discretion within general procedures.
- Organizes; prioritizes own work flow.
- Composes own letters as well as general correspondence from marginal notes or verbal instructions.
- Compiles regular and special reports, obtaining and selecting data from various sources as required and perform designated tasks to assist.
- Receives and screens telephone calls and communicates with various departments and outside contacts. Reviews, sorts, and distributes correspondence and reports.
- Maintains appointment and meeting calendar, performs scheduling functions, makes airline and hotel reservations, and keeps executive informed of commitments.
- Organizes and maintains office files, manuals, records, and documents.
- Provides preliminary research on problems or activities as assigned
- Operates equipment such as word processor, photocopy machine, calculator, transcription equipment, CRT and PC.
- Work productively and harmoniously with others on a consistent basis.
- Respond positively to direction and criticism of performance.
- Consistently maintain professional and appropriate demeanor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements
Due to the nature of the needs in the office, regular and reliable attendance is required. Must be able to work at least 37.5 hours per week, Monday through Friday, and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Type 55-60 wpm.
- Excellent spelling, punctuation and grammar skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- P.C. experience.
- Previous secretarial or administrative assistant experience.
- Good organizational skills.
jkPhysical, Mental & Sensory Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive or exclusive list of the required responsibilities, duties and skills. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties and requirements of this position at any time as needs dictate.
Zenith Insurance Company - 14 months ago
Zenith Insurance Company (“Zenith”) is a national workers’ compensation carrier with more than 60 years of experience...