The Driver for Resource Planning and Fleet is responsible for the safe, timely, and cost-effective transport of equipment, vehicles, and materials to and from the job sites. This position will also assist the Shop Foreman as needed by providing light mechanical and maintenance work. Will also be responsible for the repair and maintenance of company vehicles and equipment. This position is responsible for these repairs including the necessary and/or required paperwork that meets the company standards and/or DOT requirements. The Fleet Technician is also responsible for completing repairs and maintenance within the allotted budget.
• High School diploma required - Ability to read, write, perform basic arithmetic, and follow verbal and written instructions. Basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation typically acquired through high school or GED program. May require limited knowledge in area such as keyboarding, record keeping or basic machine operation and/or repair.
• Must have and maintain a valid Class A CDL
• Must have and maintain a valid DOT health card
• Minimum of 3 years of CDL driving experience
• Experience with operating various types of heavy equipment
• Basic understanding of mechanical processes and procedures