Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, and other relevant degrees. A minimum of one year experience directing or supervising an after school program including working with children and families referred from the Department of Children and Families (DCF). Excellent management, administrative and organizational skills required. Be an effective member of a Team. Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of families from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds. Ability to work with college interns and volunteers.
• Overall responsibility for daily administration of program with 39 children
• Adhere to all licensing standards, policies and procedures defined by EEC and/or MSPCC
• Insure billing to appropriate vendors is accurate, complete and timely
• Oversight of implementation of any quality improvement activities to include QRIS
• Oversee the development and implementation of individualized behavioral and educational plans for children
• Assist families in accessing services including mental health treatment
• Maintain regular communication with families of Kid’s Day enrolled children
• Recruit, interview, hire, train, supervise and evaluate staff
• Maintain regular communication with appropriate DCF and Lead Agency staff
• Insure case coordination including providing written assessment data and discharge planning with DCF Social Worker
• Assess the need of each family for transportation services and maximize transportation resources
• Work as a member of the MSPCC – Boston office management team.
• Perform other reasonable duties as requested by supervisor
Jamaica Plain, MA
MSPCC - 10 months ago