The Division Product Regulatory Representative provides leadership and direction to identify, develop and implement solid controls to ensure product compliance and quality. This includes material quality management, regulatory compliance (federal, state and local) for labeling, Re-Packaging, Manufacturing best practices, transporting, record keeping/government fillings, managing regulators, establishing and managing the FIFRA (6)(a)(2) committee. This position will manage process for regulated and non- regulated products as well as products where WECO is the registrant. The role will emphasize oversight of the Quality product management system and guide the organization’s leadership into alignment with the best practices in all aspects of product distribution for the AG Division.
- Provide Strategic Direction and oversee the overall development of the AG division’s “Re-Packaging” and “Manufacturing” best practices.
- Policy and Procedure Development
- Document Control
- Product labeling
- Regulatory Compliance
- Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis
- Development and implementation of liability limiting controls
- Strategic regulatory planning
- Process Management and Continuous Improvement
- Establish tracking and reporting process for excursions
- Maximize the utilization of personnel by identifying and implementing effective process improvements and training and development initiatives.
- Develop and implement a set of easily-benchmarked metrics to measure product quality/safety performance as it related to packaging and distribution performance.
- Develop and execute a quality and compliance audit strategy that is aligned with the risk level of the operation(s).
- Identifies, investigates and reports on critical packaging and distribution quality and compliance issues. Evaluates the seriousness of issues, determines source of variance and specifies steps to be taken in correcting condition or the need for further controls.
- Identify and develop technology solutions to improve daily control of the end-to-end product management process. .
- Develop and report to senior management key performance indicators.
- Regulatory representative facilitates meetings and group learning sessions as necessary. Further, he/she coordinates programs to publicize, educate, and provide technical expertise and guidance on the principals, processes and tools for packaging and distribution quality assurance.
- Strong interface with Products Registration department
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Regulatory Compliance
- Division Leadership
- Facilities Operations
Required Skills, Experience and Competencies:
Qualifications, Skills, and Attributes:
Near-Term Performance Management Objectives
- Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience leading daily operations in an AG distribution center.
- Minimum Four (4) Year Degree Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Engineering, Safety or Environmental Sciences; other acceptable related fields may be considered.
- Working knowledge of ISO9000, document control, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001
- Working knowledge FIFRA
- Demonstrated capacity to facilitate training, process development, and problem solving in a decentralized work environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Must possess strong communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Requires strong computer skills including Microsoft Applications Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of JDE/similar ERP software preferred.
- High levels of integrity
- Relationship builder
- Capable of Generating new ideas and Solutions Oriented
- Substantive experience evaluating and controlling hazardous materials and conditions
- Experience in process safety management and transportation of bulk chemicals
- Experience in developing management systems which are measurable and drive accountability.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing; proficiency in 5s a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to write reports clearly, describing results from complex processes
- Able to advise management on courses of action with minimal assistance using both written and verbal methods
- Effective team member with experience in handling multiple projects/tasks and leading cross-functional teams with minimal guidance in a fast paced environment.
- Will require travel, expected to be up to 65% of the time (somewhat more initially).
- Ability to determine content and write chemical MSDS’s
Compensation and Benefits:
- Assess current packaging and distribution standards and practices
- Take point in coordinating variance investigations.
- Begin to establish framework for Branch management of packaging and distribution practices.
- Develop process to manage product usage tracking required by regulatory agencies.
- DOE, with comprehensive employee health and retirement benefit offerings
Wilbur-Ellis Company - 2 years ago
Founded in 1921, Wilbur-Ellis is a leading international marketer and distributor of agricultural products, animal feed and specialty...