Manage the food and beverage departments of the hotel to include food preparation, food service and beverage service so as to maintain established operational standards and maximize profits of the hotel.
1. Maintain standards of food and beverage quality and guest service quality.
2. Achieve budgeted revenues and expenses and maximize profitability related to the food and beverage department and participate in the preparation of the annual hotel budget.
3. Contribute to the profitability and guest satisfaction perception of other hotel departments.
4. Assist in preparing local and national sales/marketing programs for food and beverage.
5. Develop short term and long term financial and operational plans for the food and beverage department which support the overall objectives of the hotel.
6. Maintain inventory control procedures.
7. Increase level of guest satisfaction by delivery of an improved product through employee development, job engineering and quality image.
8. Manage in compliance with established company policies and procedures and in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
9. Maintain procedures for security of monies and maintains procedures for credit control and handling of financial transactions.
10. Receive departmental related guest complaints and ensures corrective action is taken.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to read and interpret business records and statistical reports; interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
2. Ability to analyze and interpret policies and understand government regulations covering business operations.
3. Make business decisions based on production reports, facts, and personal experience.
4. Interact with the general public, customers, employees, union and government officials with tact and courtesy.
- Bachelors Degree in Hotel Management or Business
- 2 years supervisory experience in food and beverage operations as a Department Manager. 2 years line level operations experience, and two years of direct sales or retail trade experience; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, John Q Hammons Hotels is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
John Q. Hammons Hotels & Resorts - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard