Directly works with EMT-I’s/Paramedics, and possibly Nurses as a part of the Advanced Life Support/Critical Care Transport team. This position requires the ability to think critically and to implement treatment plans with little medical oversight to provide safe and efficient patient care and transportations. Performs advanced life support skills under applicable Medical Protocols. This position is considered mission critical/essential.
- Functions under the direct supervision of the EMT-I/Paramedic and Registered Nurse to provide safe and efficient patient care to include safe operation of the ambulance.
- Provides care within their scope of practice only under the director of the team leader. (see Annual Competency Evaluation for specific skills)
- Observe EMT-B Level of Care protocols in all situations.
- Follow and comply with all state and local always as well as all company policies and procedures.
- Maintains at all times during employment all required certifications and training as required by MIEMSS, and TransCare policy.
- Ensures that all actions are in accordance with STARTCARE culture.
- Provides outstanding customer services at all times in every interaction with patients, customers, staff and vendors.
- Complies with all federal and state laws as it pertains to patient care and privacy laws.
- Functions as a clinical resource to crews within the scope of their licensure.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Operations to assure that department goals and objectives are being met.
- Responsible for assuring that all vehicles are properly stocked and functioning according to MIEMSS standards at all times.
- Responsible for the stocking and supply needs throughout the shift to include the daily vehicle medical supply and medication checks.
- Attending meeting with the Operations and/or Leadership team as directed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current License as an Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B) in state of employ.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), prefer some college.
- Completion of CEVO 3 or EVOC within 6 months of hire
- Maintain all standards as described in applicable Medical Protocols and regulations as they relate to transport and treatment of patients of all ages
- Experience in Advanced Lift Support for at least 1 year
- Ability to use all ALS/Critical Care equipment, and perform procedures/skills yearly to be determined during competency skill assessments within EMT-B scope of practice.
- Ability to communicate on a professional level at all times
- Ability to lift 150 lbs solely as required of field employees
- Maintain the following certifications without lapse during employment to include (EMT) and CPR.
- Basic computer skills required with experience with MS Office programs
- Yearly clearance to Practice Unrestricted by the Medical Direct and the Medical Review Committee.
WORKPLACE CONDITIONS (Conditions that are related to and/or are required by this job)
“N/A” = activity not required. “Occasionally” = activity required up to 33% of the time. “Frequently” = activity required 34% to 66% of the time. “Continuously” = activity required 67% to 100% of the time.
Physical Effort (Occurrence frequency for each activity)
Frequency of Occurrence
Keyboard Use/Repetitive Hand Motion
Pushing (up to 25 pounds)
Pulling (up to 25 pounds)
Lifting (up to 25 pounds)
Carrying (up to 25 pounds)
Environmental Risks (Check the occurrence frequency of each exposure item)
Frequency of Occurrence
Chemicals and fumes (See departmental MSDS)
Allergens: dust, mold and/or pollen
TRANSCARE provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
- Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
- Americans with Disabilities Act
The following statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. TRANSCARE may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
TransCare Corporation - 13 months ago
Patriarch Partners' lofty goal is no less than "rebuilding America, one company at a time, one job at a time." The private...