Risk Management Analyst/VP
for the embedded Risk Management of the AM Solutions (AMS) group. Candidates responsibilities will include development of risk infrastructure, support of daily risk production, and act as a backup for the AMS's risk officer. This role will later transition to expanded responsibilities of a junior Risk Manager. An ideal candidate would be a quantitative developer with background in risk management and desire to transition to a risk role.
Candidate will be responsible for daily production and distribution of risk reports and dashboards. He/she is expected to have sufficient familiarity with general risk concepts to ensure quality control for analytics, and be able to provide explanations for daily moves.
Will be involved in the on-going effort to expand the existing risk infrastructure and create new analytical tools using primarily VBA, Excel, and Spotfire.
Will work closely with technology group and RiskMetrics team to ensure timely delivery of data feeds. The candidate will be involved in various technology projects to integrate risk infrastructure and source the data.
Interact with the PMs and serve as a point of contact for any technical inquiries.
With time this role is expected to transition from infrastructure to risk analysis as the candidate establishes relationships with PMs and gains better understanding of business.
Candidate is expected to have strong technical skills with excellent knowledge of VBA and Excel, database experience is desirable. He/she is expected to have working familiarity with general risk concepts.
This role puts strong emphasis on presentation skills and quality of data.
1. 5+ years of direct risk management experience in multi-asset, multi-strategy environment.
2. Broad experience covering Fixed Income, Equity, and hybrid/structured products in both cash and derivatives markets.
3. Ability to communicate risk management concepts to a wide range of audience within a large organization and gain acceptance on the proposed framework.
4. Good understanding of risk management theories/concepts and able to consider the practicalities of implementation.
5. Experience with systems development and/or hands-on programming skills is plus.
6. Advanced degree in Mathematics, Science, or Engineering preferred.
JP Morgan Chase offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JP Morgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
US-NY-New York-270 Park Avenue / 02317
Asset & Wealth Management
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...