The AMR Sales Specialist – Genotyping/Biobank is responsible for identifying, creating, qualifying and capturing new business for the Illumina Genotyping business in collaboration with account management and regional marketing to achieve long term growth and profit for Illumina. Additionally, this person will help to sustaining existing business by building strong relationships with key customers and thought leaders and maintaining regular interactions between the customers and the Illumina senior management team. Other responsibilities include the identification and growth of various client specific opportunities/challenges and develop and execute sales strategies in collaboration with account management. Close interaction with regional marketing will help to deploy customer-centric plans for growing volume and profit. Market observations will be communicated back to the product marketing and senior management team.
The role is responsible for understanding relevant customer requirements, priorities, needs, and strategies to accelerate the sales cycle. The Genotyping array products are broadly defined as all human DNA array products (WGA, FGA and iSelect). A basic understanding of the Illumina DNA sequencing business will be required to guide the customers to the best solution.
• Responsible for all aspects of customer relationship management, portfolio management, proposal development, and intelligence gathering within the human genotyping market.
• Develop strategic plans for winning new business, expanding market share, and building upon existing programs manifested by a qualified pipeline of opportunities. Identify innovative and competitive solutions to the customer's problems while maximizing the return on investment for the company.
• Execute strategies and campaigns in core competencies and domains to target and win large Genotyping opportunities. Identifies, qualifies, shapes, and recommends pursuit of large ($1M+) opportunities.
• Manages and plans for resources (new business funds, budgets, staff) to ensure that qualified opportunities culminate in a winning capture effort.
• Lead by example as a continuing business winning practitioner and participate in campaign planning, regional marketing activities, customer relationship management, win strategy development.
• Demonstrates a broad knowledge of the market environment including: current and possible future market trends, applications, practices and information affecting the business; industry trends; competition and competitive environment; and, marketplace strategies and tactics.
• Initiates, develops, builds, and maintains long term relationships with all levels of customers. Fosters an environment defined by strong customer focus. Builds and maintains relationships with senior level customers, developing and applying insight into and shaping customer requirements.
• Provide thought leadership in pursuing new and/or unconventional approaches to solve customer challenges, empowering and inspiring others to think and approach challenges in innovative ways.
• Ph.D. or Masters in Biological Sciences, Genetics, Genomics, or related field. MBA a plus.
• Experience with DNA microarray technology and genotyping applications is required.
• Research experience working in the Genotyping field is a plus.
• Basic experience with product commercialization
• Ability to discuss problems and solutions with customers and prospects
• Independent and strategically minded.
• Sales or customer facing experience required.
• Willing to work in a fast paced environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to give customer facing presentations.
• Excellent communication and team management skills
• Ability to work as a member of a multifunctional team
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook required. SFDC and JDE knowledge a plus.
• Travel ~50-60%.
• This position will be field based and ideally located on the east coast.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Illumina, Inc. - 5 months ago
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...