The AMS Regional Controller position will be responsible for supporting the designated Operations regions with financial analysis and will take ownership of the region’s monthly financials. Additionally, the AMS Regional Controller will be region’s point of contact for all internal controls, and related issues.
The AMS Regional Controller is expected to take responsibility for key Financial Reporting and Analysis initiatives for the region and to take a leadership role in mentoring and training front line supervisors and administrative staff within the region to ensure accurate and timely financial processes occur. The Regional Controller will report to the AMS Business Unit Controller and will have a dotted line relationship to the Regional Vice President.
- Will service as the region’s point of contact for SOX training and ensures compliance
- Helps develop best financial practices
- Standardizes financial processes across the region and ensures all districts are uniform in reporting
- Supervision and review of monthly financial To Be Invoiced Report
- Provide training to Front Line Supervision, Office Administrators and Buyer on Financial SOP’s
- In conjunction with the RVP, participates in the preparation of budgets and long term business forecasts.
- Analysis of business performance relative to budget metrics.
- Creates financial dashboard for front line supervisors and the RVP.
- Financial support in analyzing and prioritizing projects. (reviews large AMS projects to ensure cash flow positive situation is ensured)
- Assists Project Managers in developing milestone payments for large AMS projects.
- Analysis of monthly direct and indirect costs.
- Prepare detailed economic business valuation models and participate in the bid process for large AMS jobs.
- Preparation and review financial information for completeness and accuracy for use in analyzing complex business opportunities.
- Communication with senior leadership and external stake holders on the results of economic analysis.
- Ability to work with Regional Vice President, local supervision, and office administrators improve financial business processes and ensure timely reports
- Ability to understand financing documents, project documents, and contracts.
- Ability to assist with customers MSA and terms/conditions and works with internal legal group
- Research of customer credit issues and sale tax certificates.
- Coordinates any opportunities to participate in PA state exemptions and enterprise zones
- Point of contact for any issues arising with Corporate accounting, Treasury and financial planning personnel
- Dependable, reliable and predictable attendance is required.
- Ability to travel to Houston for regular Accounting workshops and occasionally make presentations at RVP
- Self-Starter - can work effectively and efficiently with little direct oversight and does not require assignment of tasks, but sees worthwhile activities and initiates the appropriate effort. Will work within a collaborative environment to achieve improved results. Senses urgency when required and high energy when needed.
- Effective Communication Skills – uses effective communication skills to manage communication and feedback within the organization. Is honest, candid, and concise. Uses appropriate style, tone and delivery methods to effectively reach the intended audience. Ability to train and develop written processes and procedures to ensure effective and efficient financial reporting.
- Leadership/Team Orientation - displays leadership and team orientation by working collaboratively to achieve the organization’s success. Effectively practices a high level of good judgment and interpersonal skills. Effectively mentors and leads others on the team. Must exhibit strong ownership traits.
- Technical Skills - Proactively strives to stay ahead of technical expertise. Extensive knowledge of SOX compliance. Knowledge of SAP with the ability to train local administrators and supervisors is a plus.
- Work experience in, or knowledge of, the energy industry is preferred but not required.
- Excellent Excel and other office software ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills—must be detail oriented.
- High level of assertiveness, initiative, interpersonal skills, and flexibility to perform a wide variety of projects with an unpredictable schedule and periodic short deadlines.
- Ability to act independently.
- Ability to handle extremely confidential and sensitive company information.
- Ability to teach personnel on financial processes and understanding financial statements
- Experience with SAP
- Ability to travel to Houston, 10% of time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field AND 10+ years of related work experience in operational accounting areas – OR – MBA with 8+ years of related work experience.
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Valerus - 8 months ago
Valerus Compression Services serves the compression needs of the oil and gas industry. Its products, which are used in older wells, include...