AMSS Production Scheduler/Planner
AMSS Production Scheduler/Planner
Job Category: Supply Chain
Position: AMSS Production Scheduler/Planner
Location: Houston, Texas
Objectives of the Position
This position reports directly to the Global Aftermarket Materials Manager, the primary function of this position is the development and execution of production orders for TESCOs Global Aftermarket Supply Chain. Additional functions include, expediting production orders to maintain promised deliveries, and monitoring production throughput in order to make necessary plan adjustments.
This position is empowered to expedite any function related to the execution of production orders to ensure adherence to the production schedule.
Responsible to: Global Aftermarket Materials Manager
Internal Relationships : Business Unit Customer Service
Representatives, Supply Chain Managers and After Market Sales & Service
Managers; Warehouse Coordinators, Strategic Sourcing Director, TESCO
Manufacturing Production, Material Planning, and Purchasing Department; Global Inventory Manager and Engineering.
External Relationships: Vendors, Suppliers, Logistics & Warehousing
- Post Secondary Education and/or Professional Designation (CPIM, )
- Supply Chain or Material Management training would be considered an asset
§ new customer's orders
- Receives all requirements
§ new spare parts replenishment orders
§ Verifies component availability
- Receives all unscheduled demand that results from field and customers requirements, engineering changes and revises the production schedule to accommodate these requirements
- Manages the work order issuing process
§ Generates production orders
§ Adds the required completion data and documentation
§ Releases production schedules to the warehouse
- Develops extraordinary routines to process the inevitable urgent work
- Construct timelines for each step of the manufacturing process, ensuring all materials required are available
- Manages internal work-in-process and expedites as necessary
- Utilizes the MRP software and has a very thorough knowledge of its capabilities, short falls and operation
- Analyzes production history to aid the planning and execution of new work
- Determine status of assigned projects, expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions
- Plans the process for manufacture, fabrication, assembly, erection or installation of parts, components, assemblies, ect.
- Analyzes and interprets construction bills of material, scopes, specifications, ect. To determine the content & plan manageable work elements
- Monitors, analyzes and reports performance to schedule f production and production support activities, using information derived from material and production control systems
- Ensures all parties are fully cognizant of production status
- Coordinates and expedites the placement of purchase orders and/or delivery of material
- Schedules, expedites and coordinates the delivery and movement of critical material, including material transfers and material releases
o Minimum 3 years experience with MRP, MRPII.
- Minimum 5 years hands on experience with ERP planning and scheduling systems like Oracle, SAP, Microsoft Dynamic AX, etc.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment in a planning/material controls background
- Strong computer skills (including Microsoft Office suite of products)
Competencies Required For Effective Performance
- General understanding of Receiving, Inventory Management and Warehousing best practices and protocol
- Lean manufacturing experience a definite asset
Ability to manage multiple tasks of competing priority simultaneously, efficiently and independently
Self-directed and work with minimal supervision
Must excel in a demanding, fast-paced environment
Strong organizational skills, communication skills, and attention to detail
Ability to drive and maintain target dates
Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
Ability to take direction and occasionally assume a leadership role
Desire to support a cohesive team work environment
If you would like to join a team of global
leaders in the design, manufacture and service of technology based
solutions for the upstream energy industry, submit your resume in
confidence using the online application form, before
We conduct post offer drug/alcohol testing and have a zero tolerance policy. All
applicants are thanked in advance, but only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Tesco is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. F/M/D/V
Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations are...