ANALYST; PROGRAMMER - DPI Usage & Billing Applications - AS/400
This position is for a Programmer/Analyst with RPG experience on the AS/400 to support DPI Usage processing and Billing Applications. The Programmer/Analyst will work with other team members to analyze and correct system issues, develop express requests and enhancements. This is a development role working with Business Engagement, Project Management, Testing and Implementation.
• Programming Background in: RPGIV, RPGLE, CL, DDS, RLU, PDM (preferred).
• Telecom experience is highly desirable and DPI specific experience is a plus.
• Experience with Turnover, Hawkeye, DBU, STRDBG, SQL experience a plus.
• Familiarity with software development methodologies and lifecycle processes.
• Define, document and execute test cases to effectively validate code changes being maintained.
• Expected to maintain application documentation, including functional/technical design documents, unit and UAT test cases, and implementation documentation.
• Investigate and resolve heat ticket system issues in accordance with SLA guidelines.
• Provide support for applications developed and be able to resolve problems encountered. Proven ability to apply technology to the solution of real world business problems and will be considered subject matter expert in business functional areas.
• This support is both during normal work hours and off hours 24/7, as required, to bring application back into Service Level Agreement times.
• Follow company problem and change management processes.
• Must possess excellent communications skills to be able to work within the internal IT and business organizations as well as our outside vendors.
•Monitor heat ticket queue and provide resolution of heat tickets through analysis and program fixes
•Support submitted Enhancement Requests for development
•Participate in SLA meetings and Team Meetings
•Provide project feasibility analysis for proposed projects.
•Attend the Daily Change Management meetings as needed.
•Provide input to Manager for employee review process.
•College degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
•Minimum 2 years experience in information technology and a willingness to learn the tools not presently understood.
•Telecommunications Billing and/or Usage processing desirable.
•Experience with dynamic Information Technology environment.
•Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a team environment.
•Must be detail oriented and self-managing.
•Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills, both technical and user focused
Progressive IT - 21 months ago
Progressive IT is dedicated to delivering the highest level of personal service with honesty, integrity and trust. We excel in providing the...