PM Telco, a Robbins Gioia subsidiary, is currently seeking an AOS (Avaya Operation Services) CCT/RCH Engineer to join our team. The primary responsibility of the AOS CCT/RCH Engineer is to design, configure, and support the implementation of voice and converged network installations, and expansions. The position handles intermediary to complex customer network design issues that span multiple sites or geographies. They have the authority to recommend appropriate, and cost effective, solutions which are best suited for both the customer and the company. This position also includes providing ongoing consultation and support of these networks to both the customer and internal teams. These responsibilities also include providing remote post-sales support of software and/or hardware systems, sub-systems and/or applications for customers or field personnel. Work will include both Avaya and 3 rd Party Products. Engineers must complete MACDs, projects and objectives as assigned by a supervisor and deal with routine to moderately complex problems or issues. The AOS CCT/RCH Engineer will be required to do the following:
- Develop network designs that integrate existing customer applications with new or upgraded components
- Provide post-integration support to ease customer transitions to new solutions when required
- Perform Dial-Plan analysis to assist in network expansions
Customer Technical Support
- Perform complex system level Move/Add/Changes/Deletes
Sales Engineering & Installation Support
- Support internal teams and customers with network design questions and product expertise
Senior Technical Consultants are exempt resources who typically work with clients to define needs or problems. They help determine the project scope, define and execute data collection methodologies and plans, and conduct analysis of studies and surveys. Senior Technical Consultants analyze and validate data to determine solutions and advise on alternative methods or recommend solutions.
- Utilizing in-depth customer knowledge assist with network design and architecture evolution concerns in the support of new business opportunities
- Oversee and support technicians in the deployment of new or upgraded networks.
The AOS/RCH Engineering position requires advanced knowledge and certifications, both in component configuration, and overall network design. This knowledge is applied in either, a combination of legacy and IP telephony, or Contact Center solutions. Expertise should specifically be in the areas of:
- Voice Packetization
- Voice Quality
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- Traffic convergence issues
- VoIP standardization and signaling protocols
- Security in the VoIP environment
- Emergency services in the VoIP environment
- Technology standards and protocols for converged networks
AOS/RCH Engineers must be proficient in Avaya UC products which can include but are not limited to:
The position also requires knowledge on how peripheral components (e.g. Voice Mail Messaging systems, SBC’s, Wireless LANs, etc) integrate with these networks.
- Communication Manager (servers, gateways and IP endpoints) including the following features:
- IP Addressing and IP Endpoints
- Network Regions
- Trunking (IP, BRI, ISDN, Public, Private, SIP, MLPP)
- ARS, AAR
- Avaya Aura Session Manager
- Avaya Aura System Manager
- Avaya Aura Messaging
- Avaya Aura Conferencing
- Avaya one-X Communicator
- Avaya one-X CES
Additional knowledge and certifications in data network protocols and design can also be a strong asset.
Engineers must have strong customer service and communication skills.
4 year Technical degree & 7+ years of related technical experience OR Non-degreed & 10+ years of related technical experience.
The AOS/RCH Engineer works in a non-traditional 40hr/wk environment. Primarily, work is done in normal business hours. However, the AOS/RCH Engineer will also be required to work periods during the evenings, or on weekends, in the support of internal teams, or as required by the customer. This position requires a strong ability to multitask as it is very interrupt driven.
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required, only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Robbins Gioia is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer.