Advanced Practice Nurse - Medical APN for Correctional Facility
This professional will work at the
Camden County Jail located in Camden, NJ
SIGN ON BONUS $2,500
- Performs and documents patient evaluation, including taking the patient’s history and conducting a physical examination
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests
- Writes orders for medical medications and treatments, under guidelines of licensure
- May perform invasive procedures as necessary
- Dictates discharge summaries and transfer orders
- Maintains and follows patient care protocols
- Works with members of the healthcare team in educating the patients of their medical care
- Continually updates clinical knowledge and skills through consultation, formal and informal education and review of literature for the benefit of themselves as well as for the healthcare team
- Must possess a Master’s Degree
- Must have current and valid Nurse Practitioner or Advanced Practice Nurse license with at least one year experience of providing direct patient care.
- Must have prescriptive authority.
- Previous experience in a correctional setting preferred.
Please contact Nancy Delapo via email, email@example.com - please include the name of the position in the subject line of your email.