Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for an APPLICATION SPECIALIST in the Metals Fabrication industry segment. This position will be based in Ohio.
Position is to support Merchant gas sales within the North American region for microbulk and large bulk business through applications technology and industry knowledge. Focus primarily in applications of MIG/TIG welding, laser cutting, oxy-fuel and plasma cutting.
• Serve as technical and industry expert in metal fabrication applications
• Assist in identification and development of ongoing pipeline of new sales opportunities
• Handle technical aspects of sale - technology evaluation, recommendation, economic case and technology calculations, technical proposals, etc.
• Provide live demonstrations to promote features and benefits of branded shielding gases and consulting solutions for welding and cutting applications
• Communicate and integrate with functions such as sales, product management, and marketing.
• Promote AP image within the metal fabrication segment through knowledge papers, and case-studies
• Provide applications training for Merchant Sales teams
• Associates Degree or 2 year Trade School
• 5 Years experience as minimum in Welding industry
• Highly proficient in craft skills, recognized as professional in the welding trade
• International Welding Specialist (IWS) or Technology (IWT) qualifications are considered an advantage for the position. International Welding Engineer profile could be evaluated if practical skills and welding competences are combined with theoretical knowledge.
• Approved apprenticeship and experience in the metal fabrication industry (welding & cutting).
• Demonstrated ability on different types of materials and processes
• Current knowledge of technology & processes in welding/fabrication sector
• Influencing skills, negotiating skills and sales acumen.
• Highly motivated and self starter with sense for initiatives
• Good interpersonal skills, team player
• PC skills in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and internal software
BS Welding Engineering or Welding Technology
Air Products (NYSE: APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70 years, the company has enabled customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable. More than 20,000 employees in over 50 countries supply innovative solutions to the energy, environment and emerging markets. These include semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, coal gasification, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. In fiscal 2012, Air Products had sales approaching $10 billion. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, and retirement plans.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on the link Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #11155BR.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) where diversity matters
Air Products - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Air Products (NYSE:APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70...