The Application Analyst II is responsible for advancing the functionality and operational efficiency of assigned information systems and solutions. This entails analyzing and developing software modules advising, assisting, and training customers in the operation and administration of their systems and collaborating with customers to enhance their work methodologies and tools. The Application Analyst II is charged with ensuring the services that he/she provides contribute to the successful accomplishment of the primary mission of the Research Institute. The Application Analyst II possesses sufficient technical expertise to support assigned applications. The Application Analyst II supports the Project Management activities required to deliver valuable relevant solutions and assists in the development of project schedules, plans and timelines. The Application Analyst II reports directly to the Manager, while also receiving leadership from Senior and Lead Application Analysts. The Application Analyst II applies skills, in line with TMHS values and goals, to assure the efficient, effective and consistent delivery of high quality services. The Application Analyst II is responsible for demonstrating Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Demonstrates ability to problem solve and generate innovative solutions in conjunction with customers, vendors, and TMHS Information Technology
2. Proposes solutions to problems and considers timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing client needs.
3. Anticipates client needs before they arise and communicates them to Team Lead or Manager for solution development.
4. Understands client/server architectures.
5. Understands the workflow of interface messages with other applications.
6. Provide Technical Support for Applications Assigned.
7. Leads and facilitates meetings as well as develops meeting objectives, agendas and action items.
8. Understands Project Management Methodology as defined by the TMHS IT PMO and applies them consistently.
9. Prioritizes issue resolution, work requests and tasks effectively.
10. Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional.
11. Clearly articulate ideas and thoughts through written and verbal communications.
12. Establishes effective working relationship with clients.
13. Establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans and manages time effectively.
14. Understands business processes and requirements as related to the Research Institute.
15. Shares acquired skills with team members through documentation and training.
16. Adheres to system, division and department policies, procedures, guidelines and standards.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.
3-5 years of experience in application support, with Research support preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Specific to Assigned Team
Review attached activity checklist.
Normal office environment. Must be flexible and able to work any hours as requested. Must report to work in proper attire with TMH Photo ID. Must provide own transportation, may be required to travel between hospital campuses and offsite.
Houston Methodist - 18 months ago