This position involves receiving initial telephone or email inquiries and researching and resolving reported problems, which can range from relatively simple to complex issues which deal with transactions that have a direct financial impact. The Applications Support Analyst also assists with gathering requirements to resolve and/or prevent issues, testing programming changes and end-user training. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative (but not all-inclusive) of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
QUALIFICATIONS & ABILITIES:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in accounting or finance field.
- Experience in Maritime or Freight Forwarding industry.
- Experience with JD Edwards accounting system helpful.
- Bilingual (English (Advanced)/Spanish (Intermediate)); required due to extensive interaction with overseas office employees who do not speak English.
- Advance computer skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate at an advanced level as position requires extensive interactions via telephone and e-mail.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to think logically, follow procedures, instructions and make sound decisions
- Ability to exercise independent judgment within established systems and procedures
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision, multitask and possess strong initiative
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, vendors and fellow employees
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, extended hours, holidays, and/or weekends as needed
- Gain a strong understanding of business processes and of the various applications used throughout the organization
- Provide assistance and seek resolutions on a broad variety of commercial issues related to financial areas: Accounting Dept, Accounts Receivable, and Credit/Collections (examples: cash receipts, adjustments, invoices, batch errors, reconciliations, etc.)
- Provide assistance and seek resolution on a broad variety of commercial issues with a financial impact (examples: Correction Notices, Shipper Export Declarations (SED), brokerage, etc.)
- Create user accounts in various databases
- Assign system access/authorities based on user profile.
- Receive initial telephone or email inquiries and log incident by creating helpdesk ticket
- Analyze, identify, research, and resolve reported issues.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process.
- Provide feedback to end users. Analyze results, make recommendations for business and/or systems process improvements
- Analyze and identify trends in issue reporting and device preventive solutions.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
- Make decision to generate a defect or work order ticket for issues that will require attention from the Development Team.
- Test fixes of new or existing software applications under development or consideration for purchase.
- Perform post-resolution follow-up to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Participate in the design, development, and delivery of software applications training programs and individual classes.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
- The employee is continuously required to sit and us his fingers
- The employee continuously required to talk and/or hear
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reports directly to the Business Analysis Manager; does not exercise supervision over any other position. Works under general supervision. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Indoors office, controlled temperature environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate due to telephones and employees that approach the department.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Seaboard Marine - 16 months ago