Greet and converse with guests to suggest or receive cocktail orders.
Prepare and serve cocktails to customers following hotel guidelines.
Clean and organize bar according to beverage department standards.
Prepare order to replenish stock at bar to accommodate pre-determined par levels.
Provide exceptional customer service to guests.
Follow departmental cash handling policies and procedures at all times.
Prepare cocktails for cocktail servers and garnish all drinks.
Maintain, clean and organize work stations and bar cleanliness to beverage and health departmental standards.
Receive cocktail orders and deliver to cocktail servers.
Keep workstation stocked for next shift.
Ensure correct health and sanitation practices are followed.
Ensure the correct glassware is used according to Beverage Department standards.
Ability to work scheduled special events which may require double shifts.
Assist new employees with training and answering any questions.
Check IDs if the guest appears to be under 30.
Replace dirty ashtrays by capping off ashtrays with a clean ashtray.
React to the needs of management for special host requests.
Inform management of any problems or concerns as they may arise.
Be ethical and professional at all times.
Communicate with Management any special requests from a guest.
Answer telephone using the proper telephone etiquette and maintain a professional demeanor.
Preform other job related duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- 6 months experience in a restaurant.
- Knowledge of ABC laws including licensing, selling and serving of alcoholic beverages in the state of Nevada.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 20 months ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...