Job Title: AR Follow-up Rep-Level 1 (Non-Gov't) Location: Akron, OH Req #: 13967 Reports To: AR Follow-up Supervisor Company: American Medical Response-PBS FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: The A/R Follow-up Representative is responsible for the follow-up on all government, private pay and commercial insurance claims as assigned. The incumbent will resolve unpaid accounts in a timely and efficient manner for one or more geographical areas, while maintaining quality and productivity standards set for the Level 1 A/R Follow-up Representative.
Candidates must include a resume with a cover letter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, modify as necessary, and re-bill rejected/denied claims.
- Process “queues” within appropriate timeframes, (e.g. claims status checks, appeals of denied claims).
- Recode government, private pay, commercial insurance and HMO claims, assigning proper condition codes/ICD-9 codes/procedure codes into the Accounts Receivable Billing System.
- Update appropriate modifiers, based on origin and destination of trip and change insurance claims as necessary.
- Create narrative in the Accounts Receivable Billing System to document status of trip for use in claim appeal process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Medical Coding/Billing Certification Program completion or Associate’s Degree, required. Equivalent experience will be reviewed. Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- Knowledgeable in medical terminology and experience in medical coding, billing, or acccounts receivable.
- High attentention to detail, a must!
- Will be determined on an individual basis with consideration to background and experience.
- We are an EOE/AA employer. Outstanding comprehensive benefits package including: Medical Plan, Prescription Drug Coverage, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Employee Assistance Program, 401k with company match, Flexible Spending Account, Tuition Reimbursement, and Generous Paid Time Off.
EmCare - 15 months ago