SUMMARY: This description is for the position of AR Technician. This description accurately details the requirements for consideration of the applicant and is representative of the expected duties performed on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
· Operation & maintenance of vacuum coating systems, to include:
- Maintaining a proper & clean vacuum environment in the coaters.
- Maintaining proper product flow through assigned coaters to include properly loading & unloading lenses into/out of coater.
- Communication of mechanical, process & product problems to the Supervisor or other AR Techs and quality inspectors as required.
· Operation of Hunter Spectrophotometer to measure proper lens color reflectivity and transmittance against quality standards.
· Follow and maintain a rigorous PM cleaning schedule on all coaters on a daily basis.
· Manufacture of hydrophobic powder as instructedand as necessary.
· Operation of Shimatzu Spectrophotometer to measure witness slides for proper reflectivity and color. Interpreting the measured data against known values to troubleshoot coater mechanical and conditional problems as well as to adjust coating thickness recipes.
· Operation & assisting with the maintenance of Satis Series T-40/7 AD Clean Line Machines or other clean-line equipment.
· Operation & assisting with the maintenance of Grit-blasting equipment.
· Fill in for the shift lead when absent or on vacation.
· Be able to inspect lenses as necessary up to 8 hours.
· Pass certification test on duties and responsibilities.
· Maintain a highly clean work environment.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of a one-year certification or equivalent from a college or technical school; or one year of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Working mechanical knowledge of Satis and/or Optovac coating systems, vacuum pumps, diffusion pumps, booster pumps and electrical systems is preferred. Must demonstrate competency in basic computer operations and programs such as Spread Sheet software and Touch Screen applications. Good analytical skills with a background in basic statistics, physics and chemistry desired.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Vision-Ease Lens Corporation (Vision-Ease) is a technology focused designer, manufacturer and distributor of polycarbonate prescription...