Candidate must have at least five (5) years hands-on experience in working and supporting IBM AS/400 environment and related networking equipment in a casino/hospitality environment. Primarily responsible for the maintenance and administration of AS/400 (iSeries servers, multiple partitions), including message handling, command line utilities, work management, job and print control, device management, system configuration and security setups, backup and restore, client access application, external process and/or file transfer integration, and PTFs management. Also knowing and supporting network equipment as well as TCP/IP networking are required. Experience with replication or HA software like iTera or MIMIX is a must.
This position is focused on application support more than system administration. There is a requirement to be knowledgable in supporting LMS, ACSC and/or Infinium.
- Assist in daily administration of IBM AS/400 computer hardware and software.
- Assist in installation, configuration and maintenance of AS/400 computer hardware, software, networked devices and AS/400 client-access software, journaling, mirroring software, etc.
- Assist Network Team in daily Windows-based server administration.
- Knowledge of casino applications (Bally ACSCversion 10.X or later), Agilysys (LMS) and/or Infinium
- Develop, document and maintain procedures for system utilities, such as backups, restores, performance tuning, and configurations and perform daily and quarterly backups of production systems and other backups as required.
- Assist in the planning, development and integration of enterprise-wide networks, communication, and technology systems. For major system changes, incumbent defines need, weighs options, and proposes solutions.
- Load and test operating system and application software releases, and fixes in both test and productions environments and load application and software patches; run performance and file tuning utilities; etc.
- The system of functioning hardware and software must be maintained and supported 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Document and implement applications specific security groups and classes. Cross train other team members in AS/400 administrative skills.
- Participate in systems administration team and share responsibility for management of the AS/400 and Windows servers. May serve on additional technology teams as required.
- Working knowledge of casino applications (Bally ACSC), Agilysys (LMS) and or Infinium.
- Knowledge of AS/400 system administration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of AS400 High Availability setup MIMIX, iTerra, etc.
- Knowledge of AS400 networked systems, access and security guidelines and procedures.
- Knowledge of network hardware and software troubleshooting techniques.
- Skill in solving technically challenging problems involving AS400 based critical application and hardware issues.
- Skill in prioritizing and balancing multiple tasks.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other MCRS employees.
- Working knowledge of RPG programming is preferred.
- Skill in providing excellent customer service.
- Skill in working in a teamwork environment.
- Skill in Windows Active Directory.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of computer systems experience with AS/400, OS/400 client access, Windows, and Cisco Networking equipment in a demand-based service oriented environment