The ASAP Team is part of AHP’s Service Center and provides substance use counseling, case management, support groups and consultation services. This ASAP counselor/case manager position is one of a total of six SWA position responsible for providing substance abuse counseling and case management services to triply diagnosed clients (mental health, substance use and HIV) clients requesting assistance at AHP. |
These are two new position funded by a new Federally funded grant (ACM-MI) targeting men who sex with men (MSM) of color who are not engaged in medical care and/or are at risk of contracting HIV/AIDS.
S/he will assist clients in obtaining needed substance abuse, medical, mental health, legal, financial, housing and other social services from outside agencies, advocates for and links participant to needed services, coordinates services with other providers, facilitates communication and coordination among various agencies involved in participant’s life.
S/he will also provide assessments and individual and group counseling services to clients with substance abuse issues and HIV or at risk for HIV. These services will also be provided to individuals who identify as LGBTQ. In addition, services to include advocacy, linkage to treatment (substance abuse, mental health and/or medical) and relapse prevention, conducts outreach and educational activities in the community and other agencies.
• Bachelor's degree in social work or a related field and one year of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Three years of experience in a substance abuse program and/or case management setting
• Bi-Lingual Spanish/English – written, reading and oral.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity with clinical and psychological issues of LGBTQ and HIV population
• Attention to documentation.
• Ability to work under pressure and have well developed written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated excellence in attendance and reliability.
• Excellent communication, both written and oral and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands: requires sitting; standing; walking; squatting; bending; waist twisting; kneeling; climbing stairs; reaching up to shoulder height; reaching above shoulder level; carrying/lifting 30 pounds; pushing/pulling 30 pounds; gripping/grasping, fine/gross finger manipulation; repetitive movements of upper and lower extremities; may be exposed to chemical agents; tuberculosis, blood, body fluids or tissue, and radiological materials; latex, use protective equipment; differentiate color.
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required.
• Prior UCSF or UC experience.
• Familiar with Motivational Interviewing (MI) interventions.
• Familiar with hospital based case management services.
University of California San Francisco - 2 years ago