Christian Brothers Automotive Corporation (CBAC) is an industry leader focused on providing the highest level of customer service! CBAC was founded in 1982 by current CEO/President, Mark Carr, on the basic principle that honesty and integrity should be the driving force behind the business. Today CBAC has over 100 locations nationwide with an expansion rate of 15-30 stores annually.
Christian Brothers Automotive Corporation is committed to being the RECOGNIZED leader in the automotive service industry. In an effort for continuous improvement we are always evaluating our educational programs for our Technicians and Service People.
Repairs, overhauls and performs maintenance on automobiles, light duty trucks, and other automotive vehicles by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other specific duties may be assigned as required.
- Follow all rules and regulations as spoken or written in any form by the management, i.e. employee’s handbook and any addendum issued or posted at any time.
- Maintain a good and positive attitude and the team concept at all time.
- To act in a professional manner suitable as to represent a quality organization with which you are employed, always and in every instance projecting an attitude of honesty, integrity, and respectfulness.
- Each employee must adhere to all OSHA safety rules and regulations as well as all city, county and state regulations regarding shop safety, fuel spill clean up or other flammable or hazardous material.
- Assist in all housekeeping functions as directed by management.
- Examine vehicle and discuss with service writer/service manager the nature and extent of any damage or malfunction. Provide recommendations for repair, parts list needed to perform recommended repairs and hours required to perform the repairs using industry standard labor guides. Provide list of all items needing attention, whether maintenance, safety or other.
- Perform a thorough Courtesy Inspection on all vehicles when approved by the customer.
- Insure all under-car, under-hood and preventive maintenance inspections and reports are complete and accurate.
- Raise vehicle with hydraulic jack or hoist, to gain access to mechanical units bolted to underside of vehicle, using proper equipment and safety procedures.
- Remove unit such as engine, transmission, or differential.
- Disassemble units and inspect parts for wear.
- Diagnose electrical system problems and perform electrical repairs.
- Relines and adjusts brakes, 4 wheel alignment, replaces shock absorbers.
- Machine drums and rotors on shop-provided lathe.
- Diagnose and repair cooling system failures. Remove and replace cooling system parts, remove radiators for repair.
- Replace and adjust headlights, and install and repair accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors, and windshield wipers.
- Insure that all work is performed to proper specifications per industry accepted service information.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or minimum five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Current state drivers’ license.
Proof of minimum state required insurance on personal vehicle.
Driving record acceptable to our current insurance carrier.
A.S.E. certifications in all major areas, Master Certified L1 preferred for this position!
Ability to work on all makes and models, Diesel & European a plus!
Flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
Must be able to meet productivity and efficiency numbers (Consistently produce 40+ flag hours per week)
Team-oriented individual with the ability to communicate solutions to others
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our employees love their job and enjoy the following benefits:
-Monday through Friday, 7 am to 6 pm work days, weekends off
-Modern, clean and safe work environment
-State of the Art diagnostic equipment (ability to work on all makes & models)
-Paid vacations, paid holidays, group health insurance, continuing training and
paid ASE certification testing
We are currently interviewing for the Schertz location to HIRE the right candidate immediately!
- Location: 205 FM 3009, Schertz, TX 78154
- Compensation: $28.00 - $30.00+ per flag hour for highly qualified candidate