CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:|
o 95% of time spent on the sales floor
- Provides disciplined leadership including setting clear expectations and holding the team and self accountable for results.
- Adhere to the Assistant Store Manager scheduling requirements (weekly exceptions must be approved by the Store Manager)
o Minimum of 2 nights per week
o Minimum of 2 weekends per month scheduled during peak hours (e.g., Friday night, Saturday mid-day through evening, Sunday)
o Replenishment (Fill Floor, Out of Stock)
- Follows the weekly Playbook processes to develop and prioritize action plans with timely follow up.
- Inspects departments and consults with associates daily to identify opportunities and develop and prioritize action plans with timely follow up.
- Executes customer focused strategies, policies and programs as measured by Customer Satisfaction Survey data and verbatim comments.
- Selects, develops and manages performance of individuals and team, measured by appropriate performance reports/scorecards/dashboards.
- Attracts, hires and on-boards store staff as measured by appropriate performance scorecard, retention and new hire survey results.
- Executes the client’s (brand/business) plan consistently across departments and provide ongoing fact based feedback to Store Manager and appropriate business including competitive intelligence.
- Ensure consistent delivery of acceptable compliance scores as measured by the Standards Based Store Visit & Client Commitment tools, including effective completion of:
o Employment compliance and retention
o Selling skills and processes including selling tools (Cyber Scholar, Sales Today)
o Recruiting, staffing and scheduling (SSG) to meet LRQ scheduled vs. worked requirements with intense focus on nights and weekends
o Business Literacy, Assortment Accuracy, Take it Home Today, Display Disposition/Floor Sample processes
o Floor sets and resets(Adjacency changes, POG’s, MSP)
o Ready All Day compliance
o Pricing accuracy (ad sets, markdown, clearance)
o Protection Agreement and Merchandise Replacement Agreement opportunities
o Training completion and associate role playing
o Employee communication and recognition
- Focuses and invests time on customer facing activities including selling and operational support processes.
- Ensures the department is “Location Certified” and every associate is “Role Certified” to do his/her job.
- Recognizes and proactively addresses outliers in customer satisfaction, sales, profit margin, operation process, and compliance against plan or established standards including unit integrity and seasonal merchandising.
- Embeds the Company return policy and Pledge of Fairness.
- Creates and maintains a culture of winning that resonates with associates.
- Expects and inspects core processes and “clean and bright” standards.
- Expects and inspects execution of clients’ merchandising and operating plans.
- Provides first person coaching and leadership on the execution of action plans based on the weekly Playbook process, daily department walks, Customer Satisfaction Survey learnings, customer verbatims, and customer/associate interactions.
- Is the customer advocate and surface opportunities to improve the end to end customer experience.
- Teaches, models and leads ways to satisfy customers, find ways to say yes, e.g., helpful associates, complaint resolution, Store to Web.
- Personally supports, coaches and develops team members across all brand departments by creating an environment where our associates can be successful.
- Facilitates dialogue between front-line associates and the store leadership team.
- Focuses the entrepreneurial energy of the team on delivering over the top customer service and associate pride.
- Leads and embeds all Retail Services plans/projects using common enterprise-wide tools, processes and language. (No store programs.)
- Understands, leads, and embeds a standardized operating model that will earn preferred provider status in every store.
- Rigorously inspects compliance with our operating model for consistency within the Home Improvement Department.
- Executes and supports the client’s plan utilizing outlier reporting, scorecards and standardized reporting.
Effective Decision Making:
- Leads and monitors store level margin drivers, e.g., solution selling, accessory attachment rate, inactive inventory, price change execution.
- Achieves all miscellaneous income plans e.g., smart plans, protection agreements, new account generation.
- Achieves controllable cost plans relative to department and identify and communicate continuous improvement opportunities to associates and teams.
- Communicates opportunities and solutions that will allow clients to meet/exceed profit plans.
- Provides Store Manager with fact based, real time feedback on the product life cycle including assortment, pricing, inventory flow, marketing support, transition/exit strategies, etc. in order to highlight opportunities for clients.
- Utilizes quantitative and qualitative data to measure and achieve desired outcomes and address outlier opportunities.
- Consistently provides a sense of urgency to maintain standards while obtaining associate buy-in.
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...