ASP.NET Developer - SEO
Ancestry.com is the world's largest online resource for family history. We have helped pioneer the market for online family history research, taking a pursuit that was expensive and time-consuming and making it easy, affordable and accessible to anyone with an interest in their family history. The foundation of our service is an extensive collection of billions of historical records that we have digitized, indexed and put online over the past 16 years. These digital records and documents, combined with our proprietary online search technologies, tools and collaboration features, have enabled our 2.0 million plus subscribers to create nearly 44 million family trees and access the 11 billion records and185 million, scanned documents and written stories to help them make meaningful discoveries about the lives of their ancestors.
With more than 1,000 employees around the world, we are committed to hiring the very best talent. We are known for our cutting-edge technology, phenomenal innovation, and we offer a compelling and rewarding workplace where you will thrive. We seek out passionate people to join our mission of helping people discover, preserve and share their family history. We invite you to explore and discover the many opportunities that await you at Ancestry.com.
As an experienced ASP.NET developer you will help build our next-generation web site where millions of family members connect with each other on a daily basis to share photos, news, recipes and other information. We utilize a state-of-the-art .NET 4.0/MVC/AJAX development environment and need an experienced developer with a solid track record of shipping high-quality consumer web sites and services. This position will focus on developing and maintaining areas throughout our website to improve Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Additionally, the position will require building, configuring, and maintaining internal tools that deliver content to pages throughout our website.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Deliver quality .NET 4.0 / MVC / C# / ASP.net solutions, including documentation and unit testing.
- Own the technical side of SEO for the entire website.
- Deliver quality features related to SEO to customer facing pages.
- Build, configure, and maintain internal tools and services related to delivering content to customer facing web pages.
- Apply technical processes to solve complex problems.
- Develop quality products and deliver them on schedule.
- Work within an Agile development team.
Working for Ancestry.com
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent degree/experience)
- 3+ years of experience developing consumer-oriented web sites and services
- 3+ years of experience with C# and ASP.net MVC
- Understanding of software development processes, including object oriented analysis, design and implementation
- Proficiency in SQL, database schema design and implementation (tables, queries, triggers, views, and stored procedures). Experience with MS SQL Server a plus
- Good communication skills that can deal with diverse types of people from Product Management, Marketing, and Testing groups
- Ability to work with a small dedicated team of software developers
- A self-starter willing to learn
- Must be analytical and adept to problem solving and have a strong attention to detail
- Needs to be able to provide clear documentation of code and processes
- Needs to be able to consistently write unit tests for all code developed
- Automation testing is a plus
- Experience with SEO tools a plus e.g. Google webmaster tools, Xenu Link Slueth etc.
- Experience with web server management (IIS and/or Apache) a plus
- Familiarity with structured data e.g. Schema.org’s microformat and microdata schemas a strong plus.
Ancestry.com is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry.com Inc. is interested in you and we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce with equal opportunities for employment.
Ancestry.com is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry.com via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry.com. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry.com - 18 months ago
Ancestry.com is the world's largest online resource for family history. We have helped pioneer the market for online family history...