The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
• Bachelor of Science or higher degree in Engineering or related field of study is preferred.
• Certification as (or ability to obtain), CEOE, any locally mandated certifications.
• Five to seven years experience as Chief Engineer in hospitality related environment.
• Extensive knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, and life safety operating systems.
• Ability to read, interpret and maintain “as built status” of all physical plant architectural drawings.
• Knowledge of OSHA regulations, National, state and local building regulations and codes, equipment operation and preventive maintenance procedures, record keeping requirement associated with above.
• Effective management, leadership, organizational and communication skills.
• Knowledge of computer based maintenance management system such as: OmniComp, Espresso.
• Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
• Fluent in Spanish or Creole
Education: Bachelor of Science or higher degree in Engineering
Experience: 2+ years
• Assists in overseeing all engineering and maintenance activities to ensure highest quality workmanship and production.
• Establishes schedules for, and oversees performance of all preventive maintenance activities.
• Supervises initiation of work lists, prioritization of tasks, and work assignments so as to insure timely and efficient completion of all operations.
• Oversees/assists in the establishment and implementation of life safety and other emergency related procedures/training for all personnel.
• Ensures maintenance of records of all maintenance/repairs performed as required by corporate policy and/or legal mandate.
• Coordinates inspection and certification of all life safety and equipment as required by local ordinance.
• Verifies that all work is performed in a safe, efficient manner and that the quality of same meets standard.
• Performs periodic, walk through/visual inspections of all property assets to determine condition, establish maintenance priorities and highlight areas where need for improvement exists.
• Reviews and approves all departmental expenditures to ensure budgetary guidelines are attained.
• Verifies accuracy of all departmental “Checkbook” entries to include; account codes, expense type codes, hotel area codes, and amounts entered to ensure accuracy of maintenance cost allocations.
• Coordinates/monitor energy consumption/rates, so as to attain optimal operating cost/efficiency.
• Establishes/compiles list of future projects and priorities, for submission to Regional Director of Engineering.
• Coordinates preparation of annual ADA compliance checklist.
• Involve in new construction projects and familiarization with new projects.
• Act as a consultant to Regional Director of Engineering on all matter relating to facility operation.
• Maintains open communications with all departments so as to insure timely response to operational needs.
• Keeps all departments appraised of any maintenance related operations witch might affect hotel operations.
• Helps Oversee activities of all outside contractors performing maintenance/repair/renovation operations to facility/fixed assets.
• Interviews, selects, train, appraises, coaches, counsels and disciplines departmental personnel according to Loews standards.
• Follows New hire training and on-going star service competency programs in accordance with hotel policy
• Establish effective training procedures and ensures that all department personnel are properly trained.
• Evaluates individual employee performance, determines areas where need for improvement or requirements for advancement exist, establishes goals, objectives and training needs required to achieve same.
• Coaches,counsels retains personnel as needed in order to ensure acceptable performance.
• Other duties as assigned.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions:
• Promotes and applies teamwork skills at all times.
• Notifies appropriate individuals promptly and fully of all problems and/or unusual matters of significance.
• Is polite, friendly, and helpful to all guests, management and fellow employees.
• Attends all appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions.
• Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area.
• Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards.
• Complies with required safety regulations and procedures.
• Complies with hotel and department standards, policies and rules.
• Recycles whenever possible.
• Remains current with hotel information and changes.
• Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards.
Loews Hotels - 30+ days ago
Loews Corporation is a holding company. The lines of business the Company’s subsidiaries are engaged in include commercial property an...