The Assistant Director of Wellness Programs and Assessment leads the development and implementation of a comprehensive health and wellness education program and provides health and wellness education services for the campus community. The Assistant Director has administrative responsibilities in promotional development and implementation, sponsorship, personnel management, strategic planning, fiscal accountability, staff development, data analysis and assessment. He/she will be responsible for program development for health and wellness programming and services within Campus Wellness with outreach to the entire ECU community serving students housed both on and off campus. The Assistant Director will be responsible for ongoing assessment for the Department of Campus Recreation and Wellness and be a member of the Student Affairs Assessment Team. He/she will assist with strategic planning for CRW. This person will supervise the Campus Wellness Center ensuring that staffing is available during operating hours and that adequate and appropriate materials are available to students, faculty, and staff. He/she will supervise graduate health students, and undergraduate students in the Campus Wellness Education Leader (CWEL) program. This position will serve on campus committees as appointed. In addition, the Assistant Director of Wellness Programs and Assessment will perform other duties as necessary for the advancement of Campus Recreation and Wellness.
- Assists in the initiatives and activities of the health education component for Student Affairs.
- Leads in the development, implementation and evaluation of all health education programs.
- Works in a collaborative manner with the Peer Health program to provide training for students.
- Recruits, trains, and supervises undergraduate students hired as Campus Wellness Education Leaders (CWEL).
- Assists in the supervision of the Campus Wellness Graduate Assistant(s).
- Assists in the development of a comprehensive strategic plan for all programs and services within CRW.
- Creates, implements, and reports the results of assessment projects that support the mission of CRW and the University.
- Develops and implements assessments for health initiatives.
- Manages the activities of the Campus Wellness Center.
- Coordinates marketing efforts of the Campus Wellness Center.
- Coordinates health education outreach program requests for Student Affairs.
- Collaborates with marketing to promote materials on health education topics as needed.
- Provides instruction for academic classes as requested by various academic schools. Classroom instruction takes the form of guest lectures, teaching classes and individualized instruction.
- Provides health education to on and off campus groups as requested.
- Provides referrals for health and wellness services not readily available on campus.
- Assists the Director with implementation of Campus Wellness program goals.
- Assists in the coordination of campus awareness campaigns and events.
- Collaborates on initiatives related to health education within the Division of Student Affairs and Academics.
- Represents the ECU campus community on local and regional health related organizations.
- Represents Campus Wellness health activities to media.
- Serves on the Student Affairs Assessment Team representing Campus Recreation and Wellness.
- Analyzes statistical data for CRW and reports to program areas for utilization in assessment, goal setting, and target marketing.
- Provides health and wellness education services to the Health Science Campus.
- Pursues grant funding and research opportunities for Campus Wellness.
- Assists with research and development for Campus Recreation and Wellness.
- Assists in grant writing as needed for CRW.
- Keeps current with all areas of college health education.
1. Master's degree in health education, public health, or a related field required. A minimum of two years work experience in health promotion preferred.
2. Experience with health education program development, implementation and evaluation.
3. Experience with strategic planning and assessment, preferably at the collegiate level.
4. Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research design, implementation, and interpretation.
5. Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, a team oriented work style, and the ability to work cooperatively with various faculty, staff, and students throughout the campus community.
Special Instructions to Applicants
In order to be considered for the position, all applicants are required to submit a candidate profile, a letter of interest, a current resume/vitae, and a list of references including contact information online.
In addition, each candidate should arrange to have a minimum of three letters of reference that speak directly to the candidate's qualifications for this position submitted to the Chair of the search committee at the address indicated below:
Ms. Tywanna Purkett
Campus Recreation & Wellness
East Carolina University
Mail Stop #407
Greenville, NC 27858-4353
Additionally, original official transcripts, as well as a criminal background check, will be required upon offer of employment.
East Carolina University seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. In order to promote the university's diversity goal, Student Affairs strongly encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.
East Carolina University (ECU) offers more than 100 undergraduate programs and about 75 graduate, 15 doctoral, and four specialist degree...