Make daily floor plans per shift to ensure proper rotation and coverage of stations.
Review staffing, schedules and vacations.
Coach and train on policies and procedures.
Train employees in the performance of their duties.
Supervise floor service in dining rooms during hours of operation.
Maintain contacts with cashiers to ensure correct policies and procedures for check handling / closing are maintained by service staff.
Delegate responsibilities to employees and supervise tasks to completion, correctly and on time.
Supervise staff activities, ways of access and egress to ensure complete compliance with Health Department and Fire Marshall Regulations.
Perform employee evaluations and manage all issues related to attendance records and FileNet in general.
Discipline or commend employees following departmental rules and complying with the Union contract.
Maintain communication with the Chef on all food service and menu issues.
Effectively communicate with management, chefs and culinary staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees.
Order supplies through the IP System and Purchasing.
Prepare purchase requisitions for any outlets from the Monte Carlo warehouse or support departments.
Keep inventory form and stocking area updated.
Inspect the food coming from support departments to assure freshness and quality.
Properly label and date all products to ensure safe keeping and sanitation.
Analyze financial reports on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis.
Identify and implement cost-cutting measures and initiatives.
Able to contact engineering department or other vendors to repair equipment.
Understand and manage Profit & Loss statements, general business practices of restaurant operation.
Maintain par levels and direct purchase of china, glass and silverware.
Manage Infogenesis pricing / maintenance issues to ensure checks can be processed correctly.
Follow current proper policies and procedures for Manager comps and voids.
Exercise cost controls for all aspects of restaurant operation.
Conduct weekly FF&E checklists to maintain furniture, fixtures and equipment.
Ensure dining rooms are in accordance with the Maintenance Program, to include carpet, walls, light bulbs, windows and overall general cleanliness.
Check on all reservations and special guest needs.
Maintain direct communication with guests for special requests and large party reservations.
Anticipate the guests’ needs and respond appropriately with a sense of urgency – personal supervision of guest complaints.
Communicate, train and support all company initiatives to front and back of the house staff.
Work as a team member, assisting guests’ and employees’ needs and inquiries.
Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 1 year of service experience in a similar dining environment.
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale (POS) systems and operations.
- Working knowledge of health, safety and sanitation regulations.
- Working knowledge of all Food and Beverage products, menu items and equipment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- 3 or more years of service experience in a similar environment.
- 1 year of management experience.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
- Previous experience managing employees using a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
MGM Resorts International - 23 months ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...