Join the nation's premier human relations/civil rights organization.
We have a mission to fight anti-Semitism and hate,
and to secure justice and fair treatment for all.
ADL is looking for talented, passionate people who want
to make a difference today…and tomorrow!
ASSISTANT REGIONAL DIRECTOR
Based in Boston and serving entire state of Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont, the Assistant Regional Director will implement assigned ADL programs in the region which may include some or all of the following: investigative research, Israel advocacy, legislative advocacy, inter-faith and multi-cultural outreach, civil rights, leadership development, public relations, events planning and fundraising. Provide staff support to assigned committee(s).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive and conduct initial investigation of complaints of discrimination, anti-Semitic incidents and other civil rights issues. Conduct routine fact-finding research, using established contacts and developing sources as appropriate. Resolve complaints or refer to senior staff as necessary. Maintain required records.
- Provide staff support to lay-led committees as assigned. Assist with related program and event planning. Coordinate speakers and logistics for related conferences.
- Manage, maintain, and regularly update the Regional website.
- Develop community relationships and network with other community groups to facilitate effective community action.
- Represent ADL by speaking to school and student groups and law enforcement agencies. Conduct training directly and/or train lay-leaders as facilitators for training programs, as appropriate.
- Respond to inquiries from the press and from members of the public, demonstrating a working knowledge of ADL's policies and positions and relevant local, national and world events. Draft press releases. Read, monitor and respond to media reports and opinion articles. Write and/or edit a regional newsletter. Prepare Insider Briefings and materials for policy debates.
- Maintain contacts with the staff of state legislators, local legislators, law enforcement personnel and relevant government officials to promote the mission of ADL.
- Assist in the smooth-functioning of the office administration.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Subject: Assistant Regional Director
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- One to two years of progressively responsible human relations or community service experience including some program management experience.
- Strong interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good writing and editing skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary to represent ADL and to attend community events.
- Some travel within the region.
ADL offers a very generous benefits/vacation package. EOE. Learn more about ADL at www.adl.org .
idealist.org - 14 months ago