ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER-8013 - SILVERDALE, WA TRU
Provides guidance and direction to the store team in the areas of guest satisfaction, team/associate development, merchandising, inventory, cash control, human resources, safety, loss prevention and expense control, so that the store will operate effectively and profitably.
Accountable for financial results, guest service, operations and human resource management for that location. Serves as a role model and as a coach. Builds a strong team by helping associates understand policy and strategy to ensure consistent and standard execution of Company initiatives.
Provides leadership and develops and maintains a highly efficient profit center, appropriately balanced between business objectives and effective human relations. Ensures the continued fiscal success of the Company, as well as the satisfaction of its guests and associates.
Responsible for creating a supportive culture where there is a partnership commitment among the team, which includes:
• Assuming positive intent when working with partners
• Listening actively and demonstrating mutual respect
• Communicating proactively to those who need to know - no surprises
• Working collaboratively to facilitate agreement and resolve conflict
• Exchanging feedback on behaviors to seek closure
• Publicly and privately supporting decisions once they have been made.
Maintains open lines of communication with all Regional Store Support Center Departments and Store Staff to ensure a steady flow of information, as well as ensure that required tasks are completed on time and accurately.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coaches and develops Assistant Managers, other staff members and associates.
- Holds staff meetings, daily meetings and "all attend" meetings with associates following the communication SOP.
- Clearly communicates Company vision, goals and strategies.
- Energizes and encourages selling skills and guest delight. Develops these skills through coaching, following-up and interacting with guests on the floor.
- Manages the financial performance of the business unit including sales, profitability and key metrics through proper and ethical in-store operations.
- Ensures all initiatives are rolled out and completed in a timely manner in accordance with all Company (SOP) policies, standards and procedures.
- Drives sales through proper standards in guest service, merchandising, promotional activity and well-trained associates.
- Responsible for the quality of store associates. Actively participates in the recruiting, selection and orientation of all new team members. Actively recruits quality candidates for the company.
- Networks and works effectively with other store, district and regional teams to seek information, resolves problems and communicate issues.
- Maintains awareness of retail trends and competition and provides feedback to DM and/or regional leadership.
- Ensures that store standards and conditions are, at all times, consistent with the "Store Standards of Excellence" guidelines.
- Actively develops and maintains the Talent Management process using the company succession planning guidelines involving the store and regional management teams.
- 5 years Retail management experience
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
Silverdale, WA TRU
3567 NW Randall Way
Toys R Us - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping...