The Associate Vice President Finance/Controller reports and is responsible to the Vice President of Finance & Administration and serves as the Chief Financial Officer in the absence of the Vice President of Finance & Administration. Provides direct supervision of the Assistant Director of Finance and the Bursar, Payroll, Accounts Payable and Purchasing; assists the Vice President of Finance & Administration in providing oversight for the budget and planning processes and the preparation of the College’s long range budget. Directs and controls all College financial activity covering the receipt, expenditure and safe-keeping of funds and assets by performing the following duties personally or through direct reports:
Participates directly in the negotiation of bargaining unit contracts.
- Ensures that expenditures of all the College’s economic resources are performed in accordance with rules, regulations, and other mandates of the College’s Board of Trustees, the County of Rockland, the State University of New York, and the US Department of Education.
- Serves as custodian and ensures the safeguard of all college-owned assets, develops, implements and controls the College cash management operations. Ensures the continuous proper receipt, investment and other disposition of cash and other liquid assets.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of financial reports which summarize and forecast the College economic and financial activity and financial position in areas of revenues, expenditures and net assets based on past, present and expected operations required internally by executive management and/or regulatory agencies.
- Serves as the Chief Financial Officer in the absence of the Vice President of Finance & Administration.
- Arranges for and serves as the College’s liaison for external and federal audits of the College’s official records, general ledgers and accounts.
- Interprets college policies and practices. Writes and implements clear and informative procedures to ensure that the policies and practices are followed.
- Prepares financial forecasts and fiscal analyses.
- Reviews contracts and other agreements with financial and insurance implications prior to signature of an officer of the College.
- Advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to federal, state, and local codes and regulations.
- Serves as liaison to the County Facilities Department for major capital projects.
Master’s Degree in business related field. Minimum of ten (10) years experience in Finance and Accounting with five (5) years as a senior financial manager in a not-for-profit or government environment, preferably public higher education. Ability to listen and clearly, effectively and decisively communicate both verbally and in writing. Thorough knowledge of integrated financial systems and related automated systems applications.
Strong supervisory and team management experience in a customer oriented environment.
Five years senior financial management experience at a community college. CPA preferred.
Rockland Community College
Human Resources Office
145 College Road
Suffern, NY 10901 Or email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rockland Community College - 22 months ago