AT&T is seeking candidates for a highly unique opportunity in the field of Data Science. The opportunity is to participate as a member of a small team with a simple objective. Given one of the largest data sets in the world ….. Innovate!
We are assembling teams to drive new and innovative ideas to our business units. The teams will consist of Subject Matter Experts, Data Scientist, Business Analysts and other roles, resources and tools the team deems necessary for success.
To provide rich insight into consumer behaviors, preferences and experiences in order to improve the customer experience across a broad range of vertical markets
Release the full potential of Big Data in AT&T through a combination of platform technology, collective human intelligence and the vast data resources available to our company.
Work in a unique, energetic, fast-pace thriving entrepreneurial environment at our
! This is your opportunity to join us and become a part of AT&T’s success in the world of Big Data!
The Data Scientist will be responsible for designing and implementing processes and layouts for complex, large-scale data sets used for modeling, data mining, and research purposes.
This position will work closely with the IT, Sales and Marketing organizations functional leads to formulate and drive research initiatives.
Design and build large and complex data sets, from spurious sources while thinking strategically about uses of data and how data use interacts with data design.
Design and implement statistical data quality procedures for new data sources.
Perform data studies and data discovery for new data sources or new uses for existing data sources. Implement any software required for accessing and handling data appropriately. Implement and hand off data checking and updating procedures to teams.
Perform statistical analyses with existing data sets in statistical packages such as SAS, SPSS, R or Weka.
Visualize and report data findings creatively in a variety of visual formats that appropriately provides insights to the organization.
Research and implement software and hardware related to mobile technology.
Education: Bachelors of Science in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science or Engineering preferred. Experience: Typically requires 10+ years experience. Technical Career Pathway (TCP) role. Entry into this title may require TCP Governance Board Review. Supervisory: No.
- Experience with data mining techniques and practices (filtering, classification) and analytics functions (over, median, rank)
- Capable of presenting outcomes of Analytic Models and Iterations in a format easily understood by business
- Applies rigorous experimentation and iterative analytics to create simple but practical Data Products
- Understands the principles of experimental testing and design, including population selection and sampling
- Deep insights into statistical data model development and self learning models
- Experience with statistical modeling and simulation tools like R, SAS and SPSS
- Familiar with machine learning frameworks like Mahout and data mining algorithms like Bayesian and Clustering
- Experience working with very large data sets, grouping together data and visualizing results
- Familiarity with extracting data from Hadoop using frameworks like Hive and from MPP platforms
- Prefer experience with some Java / python / simple map-reduce jobs development.
- Creative personality, ready and willing to experiment
- Adept at mathematical reasoning
- Applies scientific experimentation to business problems
- Accepts failures and successes based on facts and adopts future Data Product delivery using the lessons learned
IT / Engineering / Technology
AT&T - 19 months ago
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If...