SAP Technical Analyst/Developer responsible for the support, development and implementation of the SAP ERP solution at Allstate. In addition to technical design and producing design documentation, this role may also participate in project delivery activities including overseeing other technical and non-technical resources and offshore development staff. On larger projects, the Technical Analyst/Developer must work with project managers to define work tasks and provide estimates. This job requires a solid background and skill set in SAP technology solutions and experience in the successful design, delivery and support of SAP business application and integration of SAP with outside systems through web services and middleware. This role must keep current on SAP development trends, such as new architectures, development approaches, etc. Key modules and solutions used include SAP FICO financial processing, Materials Mgmt and Warehouse Management, Account Payable, and the SAP Insurance Solution (Business Partner, Collections and Disbursements and Reinsurance)
The skills required are:
1. SAP development tools - Must have experience with and ability to use ABAP, BAPI's, BADI's, RFC's, web services, and other SAP development tools. Understanding of data flow and integration across modules.
2. Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Must be able to work individually or with a cross functional team.
3. Software development methodology - Must understand the software development lifecycle and be able to perform systems analysis and design activities in accordance with applicable methodology.
4. Leadership skills including the ability to influence without having positional authority, readiness to accept ownership of a situation and the ability to tailor communications to the audience.
5. Communication and negotiation - Ability to work with clients to agree on project scope, requirements, and end-state deliverables to achieve mutually satisfactory outcomes. provide clear oral and written explanations of proposed designs and technical aspects of the project.
- SAP Technology 2-5 years
- Project Delivery Methodology and System Development Lifecycle 2-5 years
- Finance/Accounting/Business 1-3 years
- SAP configuration experience a plus, but not required
- Project management experience a plus, but not required
Allstate - 20 months ago
Allstate celebrates creative problem solving, full engagement and working together to keep all people in Good Hands®. Rooted in...