From coast to coast, Rural/Metro employees are tied together by their overwhelming desire to help others. Every day and every call for our team of highly-trained professionals is different than the one before.
At Rural/Metro, we celebrate the successes of our team members, and doing the right thing for those we serve.
Rural/Metro is a leader in private ambulance and fire protection services in 21 states and more than 700 communities nationwide. Rural/Metro has provided high-quality patient care, met and exceeded the expectations of the communities we serve, and invested in the success of our employees since 1948.
Provide on-time response to clients and safe transportation to a definitive care facility and provide professional customer care during any client contact. Operate wheelchair accessible vehicles, group transportation etc.
- Transport client to and from scheduled appointment.
- Complete end-of-trip paperwork in order to start the billing process.
- Ensure vehicle is clean and well maintained.
- Maintain vehicles communication equipment and replenish supplies.
- Must be able to utilize maps and other navigational tools.
- Understands and applies policies, procedures and safety rules.
- Immediately reports concerns and problems to appropriate management.
- Accepts schedules and assignments and completes tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assists passengers while entering and exiting vehicles. (wheelchair, stretcher, and ambulatory)
- Secures passenger in vehicle utilizing the required equipment.
- Performs proper lifting techniques at all times.
- Completes physical check of vehicle and reports any discrepancies or concerns to appropriate fleet or supervisory staff.
- Completes Department of Transportation checklist before and after each shift.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with customers, supervisors, dispatcher and coordinators.
- Ensure that all required Certifications are current and remain current.
- Attend all Company required OSHA training, annual training, and all mandatory Company updates.
- Complete the training in the allotted time the Company sets.
- Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Ensures and inspects paperwork for accuracy and compliance.
- Responsible for escalating concerns regarding questionable paperwork to appropriate management.
- Has successfully completed all required Compliance Training within the required time period.
- Has had no compliance related corrective action during the current review period.
- Current state Driver’s License in good standing.
- Satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company’s Driving Policy.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and medical agencies to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence.
- Other qualifications/certifications specific to the local operation and/or contract requirements.
- Satisfactorily meet Company physical assessments/tests.
- CPR & First Aid
Physical ability to perform all tasks required in the performance of typical ATS Driver duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to bend/stoop, push, pull, lift, climb.
Occasionally: Work at heights.
Frequently: Lifting and carrying up to 100lbs
Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, legible handwriting.
Occasionally: Analyzing, problem solving, math skills
Frequently: Memorization, perception/computation, judgment
Constantly: Ability to follow simple and complex written and verbal instructions. Ability to read, speak, and understand English.
Occasionally: Fatigue, intense tasks
Frequently: Repetitive tasks, high pressure.
Constantly: Company vehicles, company owned cell phone, company owned communication equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Occasionally: Exposed to fumes or airborne particles. Noise level can be loud at times.
Frequently: Works around others, works alone, face-to face and verbal contact with others, inside, noise, extended day.
Constantly: Works with others, face-to-face and verbal contact with others, withstand varied environmental conditions such as extreme heat, cold, and moisture. The Company is a 365, 24/hr per day, 7 day per week operation. Evenings, weekends, and holidays.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Rural/Metro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Rural/Metro Corporation - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard